gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57817 Posts in 5490 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk October 23, 2020, 01:55:09 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Archives  |  Asheron's Call 2  |  Sept. Prop changes
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sept. Prop changes  (Read 1792 times)

Offline MrChee

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
  • whos got a ram a ram a-ram a-ramaram IVE GOT A RAM
Sept. Prop changes
« on: September 19, 2004, 10:06:16 AM »
Here they are!:
-Chee

SYSTEM CHANGES

* Many solo monsters have had their XP yields raised. Note: these changes apply to solo monsters only (not group monsters). Look for more detailed information on these changes next week.

* Personal Mining Assistant: Survey checks are now marked on the minimap.  Each time a player uses a surveyor’s map, a colored diamond will appear on their minimap marking the attempt.  Diamond color will determine the proximity of the check:

o Red: “somewhere within the map’s borders”
         o Orange: “not too far”
         o Yellow: “close”
         o Green: “very close”

When you have located the mine, the minimap will be cleared.

ITEM CHANGES

* The drop rate for all Rare “purple-text” Items has been increased.
   * The drop rate of one-time use Rare “purple-text” Items (such as the Sangog Brothers) has been increased within the three versions of Sigil “cache” chests.
   * The Rare Item "Magroot" is now stackable up to 50 units and restores 200 Focus instead of the former 100.
   * A bug in one of the treasure system tables was making it impossible to find Hero loot with low Arcane Lore on most monsters.  Hero loot should now possess more reasonable AL requirements.
   * Some Armor-reducing effects on treasure items were not working correctly, and have been fixed .
   * Aconite is out of season, and will not be as common a sight on the landscape.
   * The pre-August stats for Sclavus Scales have been restored .
   * The drop rate has been increased on Moarsman Fins and Reaper Horns.
   * The drop rate has been increased on Reckoning Gems, and they also now appear in the three Sigil Chests.

CONTENT CHANGES

* SHRETH Base portals are no longer portal-tieable or recallable.
   * Players should no longer become stuck when falling in the Message from Home Dungeons.
   * The Rifts, Golems and Shadows found on Omishan have had their levels reduced. These monsters now range from level 24 to 28 for solo monsters, and 30 to 34 for group monsters.
   * The Gauntlet quest has been given a makeover:
         o There is now a separate quest for each level band: 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, and 45+.  Different level bands start their quests fighting different level monsters so as not to require higher level players to fight monsters far below their level.
         o Alternate monsters from level 25 to 45 have been removed, so each successive monster is 2 levels higher than the last until level 45. A new level 65 monster has been added, and two of the mid-level monsters have been replaced with new combatants.
         o Players are not penalized for going on to defeat successively more difficult monsters no matter how high level the monsters are compared to the player.  None of the experience awards are modified by "challenge level."
         o All Gauntlet quest experience rewards have been revised using a consistent percentage-of-level system. Many lower level awards have been reduced, but some of the higher level rewards have been increased.
         o If a player fails to teleport to the next monster in the sequence when they defeat their opponent, they can go back to the beginning and use the Gauntlet Portal to re-enter at the correct stage of the quest.
         o Problems "leaving pets behind" after a victorious player teleports should be fixed.

CRAFTING CHANGES

* Craft XP rewards have been improved for all Weaponcrafting, Armorcrafting, Toolmaking and Spellbinding skills. Trait costs for these recipes have been adjusted to conform to the new reward scheme. Practice Recipes should now be the best way to grind Craft XP regardless of the player’s skill level.
   * Trait Vendors will now offer starter tools in their shop inventory.
   * Quest Recipes have been organized by category, and frequently-used recipes like Saddles and Mana Charges have been moved to the top of the list.
   * New Practice Recipe trinkets added.

MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES & FIXES

* Improvements have been made to the physics of missile attacks, and players should see an increase in accuracy.
   * Fire FX should no longer torment players eternally.
   * We've fixed a portion of the Lightless Breach where players could get stuck behind a wall.
   * The Tumerok Invoker's Ancient Malediction and Tormenting Gale skills were not taking Major Max Damage into account.  This has been fixed
Girls ask more questions than boys. This is not because they don't know the answers. It's like those software-based employment tests--they want to see how much time you need to think about your answer

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
Re: Sept. Prop changes
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 12:18:45 AM »
Really nice fixes, thanks Chee.

By the way we really miss you in game, I know your busy but you deserve your relaxation time too. Hope to see you in game soon.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline MrChee

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 09:41:10 AM »
Yes, I miss playing too :)

and yes, I have been busy,  but resnet has died down quite a bit,  so I think that its pretty much down to me juggling classes with game time now.  

Hopefully I'll be in more soon!

-Chee
Girls ask more questions than boys. This is not because they don't know the answers. It's like those software-based employment tests--they want to see how much time you need to think about your answer

Offline MrChee

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 09:52:38 AM »
from Ramen:
The September prop is scheduled for Wednesday, the 29th.

-Chee

Offline ShiftyEyes

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • Shifty the waffler
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 05:05:11 AM »
I'm just glad to see that we won't get perma-flamed during SHRETH and kvk.
If all else fails, run and squeal.

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 04:24:38 AM »
I just spent the morning mining, since the office is powerless and i am on forced vacation. Back to the point, I really love the way it marks the mini map until you find the lode. I'm going to enjoy mining with this new system.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Mutius

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 07:11:39 AM »
Yay, no more perma-fire!
Shades of mediocrity...

Offline eureka1

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • Sprite's Little Sister
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 10:34:01 AM »
It kind of added to my "enchanted" look.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 10:48:20 AM »
Eureka, I have noticed several times a character called Eureka Jr. Is she a friend of yours? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Offline ShiftyEyes

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • Shifty the waffler
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 12:36:35 PM »
It kind of added to my "overcooked meat" look.  ;D  ;D  ;D\

hehe

Offline eureka1

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • Sprite's Little Sister
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 08:49:38 PM »
Hi, Ancient.  No Eureka Jr is another person but named himself after me to make me laugh.  He's a 14-yr old boy in Canada.  When I first met him, he was about to do Ikeras Soulbound, so my AC2 monarch and I helped him through it.  It turned out that he was a trial member named Monkeycooler.  I became his first AC2 patron.  He then formed trial after trial because his parents wouldn't let him buy the game.  He must have had about 10 different trial members.  When his parents finally bought him the game he was so excited and asked if I'd mind if he named his character after me, and of course I didn't.  It was a total honor.

What's funny is that my friend Murphie's Law thought it was great that someone did this to me, so he created an alt and named it Medeara Jr. to make Medeara laugh.

One day, I was standing by the Crag Nexus waiting for an OMV and Eureka Jr was also there.  We were talking and someone asked me if I was talking to myself! lol

If you see EJ (I call him MiniMe) in AC2 please tell him hello and that I miss him.

Offline ShiftyEyes

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • Shifty the waffler
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 09:09:29 PM »
It's just another one of Eureka's million adoring fans.

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 09:25:13 PM »
Will Do

Offline MrChee

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 05:25:41 AM »
From dev Bearcat:
------------------

Hi guys...a quick Crafting update:
Indeed, all is not well with the Crafting/Loot changes.

There are two unrelated problems to be resolved:

- Gold costs were accidentally increased too far on L45+ crafted items and Spellbindings.
- Tsys items were NOT intended to beat the stuffing out of Csys items.

However, the following buffs to Crafting were implemented successfully:

- Practice Recipes no longer cost Gold; instead, they earn quite a bit of it.
- Spellbinding Practice Recipes no longer require Trophies. Instead, they can practice for the same costs and rewards as the other Item Crafting disciplines.
- Trait costs for high-level, high-Tier items are much lower now. For example, a L55 Tier 5 weapon costs almost 2,000 less Mined Trait and 1,200 less Butchered Trait than before, assuming a perfect 2:1 exchange of Mined Trait for Refined Trait. Even despite the incorrect Gold costs, this is probably a better deal.
- All L25+ recipes give much better CXP yields per unit of Trait than they did before. This improvement peaks with L60 items, where players get 2.6 times as much CXP per unit of Trait than they did using the old numbers. (Almost tripling our CXP yields is a Very Big Deal!)

I'm currently writing up the changes to the Craft System, so there will be more information available very soon. I'm sorry a full write-up wasn't ready in time for the Monthly Guide; the blame is mine.

So, what does this mean for Crafters?

- Practice Recipes are working just as intended. You should find them much more lucrative, both in terms of CXP and Gold income, than before.
- Items above L45 cost a little too much Gold, and items above L55 cost a lot too much Gold.
- The Loot changes are a totally separate issue which we're still investigating. However we resolve this issue, we will not let allow Tsys items to beat Csys items except in the rarest of cases.

I recommend that Crafters hold off on creating any big-ticket items for the next couple of days while we sort out what's going on with the Csys/Tsys changes. However, Practicing is safe (and much improved over August), so there's no reason not to Practice in the meantime.

Don't worry, we're getting it straightened out, and we haven't gone mad. Yet. Thanks for your patience, and I'll let everyone know more as soon as possible.

Regards,
Bearcat

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 06:13:07 AM »
Question, What are the greater trump cards and how are they used?

PIF Silvergate  |  Archives  |  Asheron's Call 2  |  Sept. Prop changes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx