gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar to be PIF Silvergate's primary game!  Visit their website and donate to the cause to get early beta access!

gfx gfx
gfx
57733 Posts in 5481 Topics by 438 Members - Latest Member: Redbeard December 13, 2018, 11:23:14 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Archives  |  WoW Beta  |  Beta is now Open
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Beta is now Open  (Read 5466 times)

Offline Kaldoran

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • Shabe
Re: Beta is now Open
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2004, 01:43:59 AM »
am i the only 1 that cant get on WoW????? it just sits at the retreave screen....
Very bad speller..... dont mind me ;)

Offline ShiftyEyes

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • Shifty the waffler
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2004, 01:50:44 AM »
I was browsing the forums @ www.worldofwarcraft.com and seems alot of servers are down.
If all else fails, run and squeal.

Offline MrChee

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
  • whos got a ram a ram a-ram a-ramaram IVE GOT A RAM
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2004, 03:22:49 AM »
yes, there are problems right now with a number of them.

basically,  any server that has "high" or "medium"   population is probably working.....  and any server that has low,  is fubar at the moment

-Chee
Girls ask more questions than boys. This is not because they don't know the answers. It's like those software-based employment tests--they want to see how much time you need to think about your answer

Offline eureka1

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • Sprite's Little Sister
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2004, 06:10:27 AM »
I tried to get into the game itself this morning (before I realized that Pogo got sick - I thought the lazy bum was just sleeping late, as he always does), but I couldn't get in.  The database was looking for my characters and got stuck on that screen.  I tried a few times - even with a reboot in between.  Did anyone else have that problem?

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2004, 06:16:38 AM »
Yeah - We've been getting those sorts of connection errors all day.  When you do authenticate correctly, you can access the realms that are up if you are lucky.  Sadly none of the realms I have characters on are available at this point.   :-/
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Donavan

• PIF Veteran
  • Post Rank 4
  • Human Warlock, hehehe.
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2004, 01:09:19 PM »
The exact same problem I have... can't retrieve my toons.  Lost in limbo, , , , , (looking up into nothingness)

Offline Hapeie

• PIF Probationary Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 08:01:51 PM »
i got the beta n' all but i cant connect, been like that for at least a week now  :(

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 08:04:02 PM »
pssst.... hap... this thread is from 2004.

*waves her hand*

Nothing to see here!

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline Killraven

• PIF Veteran
  • Post Rank 5
  • String a bow and seek out the thrill of the hunt!
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
Hap, a couple of things to do:

Go to your Account Management screen and click on the Summary tab.  There should be a series of games listed under "Your Game Accounts" near the center of the page.  The one for the Beta looks like this:

I say all that because this is the official place where Blizzard will display an authentic "invitation" to the Beta.  There are all sorts of folks sending out fake e-mails telling you to click on this or that link to accept an invitation to the Beta.  They are phishing for your account in order to hack it.  Steer clear.

Once you've confirmed this, click on the link in the image above (which is the game title in blue).  This will take you to a page with the following:

There are two things you must do from this page.  The first is to download the game client for your type of OS using a link in the bottom right corner.  Second, you need to click the link above that titled PTR Character Copy.  That link will take you through the steps to copy one or more of your toons from live servers to the beta server.  I would recommend the destination of the Lost Isles server.  This is the one I have my toons on atm.  After the download you should have an additional launch icon on your desktop or in your menu or both.

If you have done all the above and still can't get in, I would suggest contacting Blizzard for help with the install and setup.  They will probably want to document any issues with install, etc.

PIF Silvergate  |  Archives  |  WoW Beta  |  Beta is now Open

gfxgfx
gfx gfx