gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar to be PIF Silvergate's primary game!  Visit their website and donate to the cause to get early beta access!

gfx gfx
gfx
57737 Posts in 5483 Topics by 439 Members - Latest Member: DudleyKin June 24, 2019, 01:45:44 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Life or death!
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Life or death!  (Read 2981 times)

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
Life or death!
« on: June 19, 2016, 04:17:57 AM »
Contrary to popular opinion I believe this guild is still alive. Waiting to erupt at some unknown prompt.

PROMPT

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
Re: Life or death!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 07:46:16 AM »
We just haven't had anything strong to unify behind for a long time.  We had some good activity on Nostralius, but with it going away, we're all just kind of stumbling about and doing our own thing.  :-/  I'm keeping my eye out in the hopes of finding a game.

I was really hoping that Shroud of the Avatar would turn out to be great, but despite it having some really great ideas, it's somewhat lacking in the "fun" department.  That's not to say is hasn't got stuff going for it:  It's got really cool stuff with regard to having player controlled towns and homes you can place and decorate, and some reasonably cool crafting, and some pretty neat branching questlines that you actually have to think in order to complete.  But the fun factor of the game itself, specifically the combat and so forth, isn't really impressing too many people.  Hopefully that gets revamped a little bit.  But in the meantime, we're kind of in a void.  We were like this for a while in between Asheron's Call 2 and World of Warcraft as I recall, so fear not - PIF has hibernated between games before.

Personally I have my eye on this:  http://shardsonline.com/

I imagine it to be like I was always hoping Neverwinter Nights would become.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 03:59:44 AM »
According to what I read it is open PVP. I don't care for PVP so I won't be participating. Thanks for the link.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 10:25:42 AM »
That's not really accurate with regard to the PvP.   It's very specific depending on which server you are on.  There will be some servers with no PvP, and some servers with brutal "full loot" PvP where if you are killed, everything you have can be looted.

The idea is that like minded individuals decide on a shared set of rules and can combine their individual servers together.  These servers will all share the same ruleset.  Or you can just play on a single server.  The concept is really very interesting.  I've no idea if it'll be any good or not, but it sounds fun.  Plus, there's not a monthly fee, which is great.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 04:11:19 AM »
Well in that case I will give it a try when it opens.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 06:33:27 PM »
I really have no idea how good (or not) the game will be, but I really like the way it's presented - The world can be crafted in the same way that Neverwinter Nights could be - Except back in the Neverwinter Nights days, the technology just wasn't up to the challenge of doing things on the epic scale that they wanted.  This - Same basic idea, but it might be a lot more feasible using today's technology.  We'll see.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Edgeburner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • Beware the gnome
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 01:56:52 PM »
They need an Everquest 3.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 07:08:27 PM »
As long as Everquest 3 is better than "Terminator 3" and "The Godfather: Part 3" I think we'd be OK.

What we really need is Asheron's Call 3.  I'd be down with that for sure.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 03:29:40 AM »
I'd be happy if they took Everquest... updated the graphics... eliminated mercenaries... and simply stopped making expansions.

Offline Banosa

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
  • Herro its me!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 08:52:52 PM »
Dear Fellow Comrades:

I invite you all to join me in Shroud of the Avatar (Multiplayer Mode)

Kailef has gracely granted my request to establish a ChapterHouse and I have set up a full service Inn within the City of Beran's Reach, a player run community North of Britanny the central Capital.

The Inn is dubbed the SilverGate Inn in honor of you all and I hope some of you will venture forth and adventure with me once more.  In the meantime, I have reserved accommodations and will hold a light awaiting your visit.

-Anosa Saycosie of Gilneas

http://www.thebeartavern.org/home

Offline Banosa

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
  • Herro its me!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 08:57:12 PM »
We just haven't had anything strong to unify behind for a long time.  We had some good activity on Nostralius, but with it going away, we're all just kind of stumbling about and doing our own thing.  :-/  I'm keeping my eye out in the hopes of finding a game.

I was really hoping that Shroud of the Avatar would turn out to be great, but despite it having some really great ideas, it's somewhat lacking in the "fun" department.  That's not to say is hasn't got stuff going for it:  It's got really cool stuff with regard to having player controlled towns and homes you can place and decorate, and some reasonably cool crafting, and some pretty neat branching questlines that you actually have to think in order to complete.  But the fun factor of the game itself, specifically the combat and so forth, isn't really impressing too many people.  Hopefully that gets revamped a little bit.  But in the meantime, we're kind of in a void.  We were like this for a while in between Asheron's Call 2 and World of Warcraft as I recall, so fear not - PIF has hibernated between games before.

Personally I have my eye on this:  http://shardsonline.com/

I imagine it to be like I was always hoping Neverwinter Nights would become.

Dear Kailef:

I think the reason some may feel this way about Shroud of the Avatar is due to approaching the game as an individual.  While I awaited you and the others to follow I have grown alongside the citizens of Beran's Reach for the past 2 years.  I still consider myself part of PifSilverGate and I hope some of you would join me in this endeavor.  I am currently part of an active player community consisting of a few dozen people of different organizations. My experience has been one of enjoyment due to the interactions and ability to roleplay my character.  I am an Innkeeper and refugee from the land of Gilneas from Azeroth.

My current role is Vanguard for the Pif SilverGate Company and I have set up an outpost awaiting for my countrymen (and women, yes you too Shanni) to join.

PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Life or death!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx