gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar to be PIF Silvergate's primary game!  Visit their website and donate to the cause to get early beta access!

gfx gfx
gfx
57737 Posts in 5483 Topics by 439 Members - Latest Member: DudleyKin June 24, 2019, 01:20:27 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF News  |  Nostralius sued by Blizzard - Going offline April 10th
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Nostralius sued by Blizzard - Going offline April 10th  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
Nostralius sued by Blizzard - Going offline April 10th
« on: April 07, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
Unfortunately, Blizzard has opted to crack down on the "Private Server" scene and has begin legal action against the volunteers that run Nostralius.  As of the 10th of April 2016, all of the Nostralius servers will be taken offline.  I sure enjoyed my time there, and I hope that Blizzard rethinks their strategy with regard to allowing players to experience the older versions of WoW that many of us prefer to the more homogenized experience of the current Retail build.  Congratulations to Squeakie by the way, who definitely won the "level race", getting TWO characters up to level 60, another to 36, and two more to 16, in the span of time it took me to get to 40.  AncientOne was close behind with 49, 32, 29,28 and 20.  There are lots of rumors of other sites that will be taking over the Nostralius system, including all of the existing characters, so stay tuned.  We'll release news as soon as we hear it!
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Larknight

• PIF Templar
  • Post Rank 2
Re: Nostralius sued by Blizzard - Going offline April 10th
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 06:03:34 PM »
yeah I have been moving a learning a new job so I haven't played for a while but my mom told me and we were quite disappointed

Offline Larknight

• PIF Templar
  • Post Rank 2
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 06:06:04 PM »
also went to battle.net forums, someone went to complain to blizzard and they won't let anyone see the thread anymore

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 06:05:08 PM »
I haven't played for awhile, life and whatnot.... but it sucks! I know there were tons of people that really loved to play the old style wow. Maybe Blizzard should consider that and do something about it.

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 09:58:45 PM »
I do think Blizzard is making a mistake by not supporting the older game versions.  I'm not saying that they should be OK with private servers in general, but I do think that they are being a little shortsighted by not giving some of the players what they obviously want.  I played Nostralius for the memories, the nostalgia, being able to relive the way my hunter used to be.  Sadly that's about to become a memory again.  But, it was enjoyable while it lasted!
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 01:48:14 AM »
I agree completely. The game filled a need for me right now. I am sad to see it go.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF News  |  Nostralius sued by Blizzard - Going offline April 10th

gfxgfx
gfx gfx