gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar to be PIF Silvergate's primary game!  Visit their website and donate to the cause to get early beta access!

gfx gfx
gfx
57631 Posts in 5476 Topics by 490 Members - Latest Member: LeighK October 20, 2017, 08:28:42 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Game review: Victor Vran
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Game review: Victor Vran  (Read 500 times)

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • PIF Silvergate Homepage
Game review: Victor Vran
« on: August 18, 2015, 06:14:33 AM »
The game Victor Vran, which is available on Steam or (my personal preference) at GoG.com, is a pretty good game.  I've been messing with it for the past few days and I enjoy it.

It's an isometric 3/4 view game that resembles Diablo.  However, there's enough differences between it and Diablo to differentiate it - It doesn't feel like a Diablo clone.  There's a very nice storyline and voice acting.  (They got the guy who played Geralt in the Witcher series to do the hero's vocals, which is awesome)  Also, unlike Diablo, the levels are hand-designed.  They aren't randomly generated.  That was always my biggest issue with Diablo... While it does add a certain amount of replayability when your levels are randomized every game, the advantages of having a master planned level design where everything is placed logically really makes a huge difference in how the game feels when you play it.  It no longer feels like a procedurally generated maze...  A cave feels like a real cave, a town feels like a real town, etc.

There's no skill tree or classes to choose from, instead you design your character's abilities by slotting different skills and enhancements.  The nice thing is you can remove and change any of these at any time, even in the middle of a map.  The way combat works is neat, although the first thing I did was bind the secondary attacks to my other mouse buttons.  By default the secondary attacks are Q and E which I found cumbersome.  I made the secondary attacks a middle mouse (scroll wheel) click, and the tertiary attack a right mouse click.

I think the game costs $20, so it's great deal.  It's also got multiplayer capability, although I haven't tried that part of the game yet.

The game's website is https://www.victorvran.com/

Totally worth checking out, especially if you're a fan of Diablo style games.  This is really well done stuff.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline LeighK

• Post Rank 1
Re: Game review: Victor Vran
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 10:06:13 PM »
Nice review, I could do with something new to play.

PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Game review: Victor Vran

gfxgfx
gfx gfx