gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57817 Posts in 5490 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk July 02, 2020, 04:08:00 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Sir Kailef...? Yes!
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sir Kailef...? Yes!  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
Sir Kailef...? Yes!
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:36:45 PM »
I received some great public recognition from Richard Garriott (Lord British) whom is my childhood hero.

Most people who know me will know who Richard Garriott is, but in case you don't, I believe him to be one of the most amazing individuals that you can meet in the modern world. 

(have a look at http://richardgarriott.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Garriott if you aren't familiar with him.  Also, this is his current project, the game that PIF Silvergate will be focusing on once it launches: http://www.shroudoftheavatar.com)

In any case, I was awarded the Order of the New Britannian Empire (ONBE) for my work with making music for Richard Garriott's upcoming game, Shroud of the Avatar.  Prior to today, only eleven people had ever been awarded one of these.  Most of this work was through The Poets' Circle, a player run, player-organized guild headed by Holt Ironfell (James Stratton-Crawley) which has provided nearly 100% of the music for the game.

I'm extremely excited and incredibly honored that I would be considered for this.  It's really cool.  It also makes me officially a "Knight of the New Britannian Empire".  This of course has no practical effect, but - It's still cool!  :-)

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
Re: Sir Kailef...? Yes!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:46:37 PM »

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 04:10:27 AM »
Way to go, congratulations.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Arrian

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • There's sure to be another!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:32:02 AM »
Congratulations, that's absolutely awesome!  Couldn't happen to a better person.

And now we can all say we knew you back when...

Snow
In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »
Honestly the entire thing has gotten me to a state of mind that I'd never experienced before.  The closest thing to it I can think of is when I was promoted to a 5th degree black belt - A childhood dream that came true.  I always wanted to own a karate school and earn my 5th degree "Master" rank, and I accomplished that goal last year.  My other childhood dream was to grow up and work for Richard Garriott, a dream that I essentially thought I would never accomplish, as it would be as likely to be achieved as my becoming an astronaut.  (Which was my final childhood dream)

So, I figure if I can accomplish two of my three childhood dreams, why not the third?

• Earn 5th degree black belt and own a karate school - Check!
  • Work for Richard Garriott and be publicly 'knighted' and praised for said work - Check!
  • Become an astronaut - In progress!

Rather awesomely, Richard Garriott also founded a company called "Space Adventures" and used some of the money he earned from the Ultima games and other Origin Systems programs to become an astronaut, himself.  (Plus, you know the term we all use, "MMORPG"?  He invented that term.)

Honestly, it's kind of overwhelming.  I need to get myself grounded and start working on getting PIF built up, figuring out who's going to be playing Shroud of the Avatar and maybe doing a little bit of recruiting if we need it.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 05:33:12 PM »
Wow, congratulations Kailef! I'm very proud of you! That's awesome!

Shanni's Minion and personal GPS

PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Sir Kailef...? Yes!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx