gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57809 Posts in 5489 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk February 16, 2020, 02:18:21 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  What are you doing/what are your plans
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What are you doing/what are your plans  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Perrin

• PIF Agent
  • Post Rank 5
  • /fades back into the shadows...
What are you doing/what are your plans
« on: August 26, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been playing mostly Diablo 3 for my gaming fun.  Today is another major update to that game and they are making it fun and enjoyable to keep playing it.  I've been having a lot of fun.  Shanni was playing it some, Poet and Squeakie are also playing it some.  I'll keep an eye on Shroud of the Avatar to see how it progresses. 

Perrin

Perrin the Doody Man

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
Re: What are you doing/what are your plans
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 03:43:22 PM »
I haven't been able to get drawn in to Diablo III again, unfortunately.  I fear that I'm overly attracted to the storytelling portion of most games, so I have a tendency to get disinterested once I reach anything that resembles a repetitive grind.  It's a failing of mine, I guess.

As far as what I'm doing:  I'm spending most of my time working, and when I get free time I've been working on music for Shroud of the Avatar.  My future plans are (somewhat obviously) to try and carry the PIF Silvergate banner forward in Shroud of the Avatar once it launches.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Arrian

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • There's sure to be another!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:28:21 PM »
Heya, Per per!

Built myself a computer, so I'm playing all the games I didn't have the horsepower for before.  Skyrim, mostly, that one's just a heck of a lot of fun.  And I dabble in GW2 and SWTOR.  Life is busy, so I don't know that I'll have time for an MMO when a good one comes out, but I'm sure awaiting Shroud of the Avatar with bated breath.  I'll probably give TESO a whirl when it goes FTP, it was fun in beta.  Ditto ArcheAge.  And EQ Next...maybe. Dunno, seems like it's going to be too much like Wildstar, I like my fantasy and sci-fi kept separate, thank you very much.

Snowblossom
In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 01:21:04 AM »
I am still waiting tor the WOW expansion, want to try it out. I am enjoying hearthstone. I have yet to be able to play Shroud. But i can log into the beginning area, just cant leave it. I have not got the D3 expansion and not really interested.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 02:15:14 PM »
Per Per!!! Master of Moldy Kilts!!!! :D

I haven't been gaming much... the kid started high school and things have been pretty busy, but when I do get some gaming in it's been Borderlands 2. I've played it through before and enjoy setting people on fire. :D

I am waiting for Shroud too! Yay!!!!

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 06:52:31 PM »
What am I doing?  around the house I'm known as "Odd Job"

No not THAT Odd Job... the one that does Odd Jobs around the house.  I have started playing The Secret World, which has an interesting story line, but it's basically "just another MMO" with some interesting twists on questing and advancement (no leveling)

As before I marvel at how you guys can find time for any more than one game.

I'm going to give Shroud of the Avatar a look-see.
I'm so done with WoW it's not even funny.  No interest in the expansion, I can't even be bothered to logon to give crap away.  Blarg.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 06:46:41 AM »
I'm going to give Shroud of the Avatar a look-see.
I'm so done with WoW it's not even funny. 

I'm right there with you on WoW.  I loved the game, and I had a lot of fun in the game for many years I'm not trying to minimize that.  However, I am also entirely done with it.  There's nothing left in the game to interest me.  It's just too homogenized now.  Even if it wasn't, any new content that gets added now is essentially the same thing with different textures and sound effects.

Obviously I have a heavy focus on Shroud of the Avatar.  I'm making music for the game and am (peripherally) involved in the overall development process.  I'm sure that you'll find it highly interesting.  What follows is my attempt to sway the "What are your plans" portion of this conversation:

SotA has:

• Non-instanced, lockable player-owned housing
  • Player owned towns and cities
  • A classless character system (IE you aren't a "warrior" or a "wizard", you're a person with skills
  • A deep, interconnected crafting system requiring cooperation between craftsmen
  • A promise that crafted items will generally be better than monster dropped items
  • NPCs that remember who you are and respond to plain text typed conversation
  • Backstory and plot authored by prolific fantasy author Tracy Hickman
  • "Deck" based combat skill system different than the usual static shortcut bar in other MMOs
  • Dual scale map allowing for changes and expansion of the game world to be happen easily
  • (I'm a little biased on this one) Richard Garriott in complete control of a game from start to finish without having to answer to Electronic Arts or NCSoft
  • (Might also be a little biased on this one too) The music is really good.   ;)
  • In general, there are lots of things you can do that aren't combat-centric, like running a restaurant, watching or participating in a play, decorating your house, and all sorts of other things.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  What are you doing/what are your plans

gfxgfx
gfx gfx