gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57817 Posts in 5490 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk September 29, 2020, 12:31:24 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Heavy Heart
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Heavy Heart  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Larknight

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
Heavy Heart
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »
So I have been contemplating this for a long time now. I joined the guild when we can form almost 2 different raid groups and I was able to come each raid. I have stayed for a while even though there aren't a lot of people logging in these days but just no longer having fun. I am very social and like to have an active guild, I am hoping that I can still have a few of my toons stay in PIF so that if people do start coming back I can still interact with people. However I have decided to move on so I can get in a more active guild so I can raid and progress in the game, I also hope that I can still join in conversations here on the website.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
Re: Heavy Heart
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 12:20:28 PM »
Lark,

I certainly understand.  Because our interest in World of Warcraft is waning as a guild, most of our membership is essentially inactive.  John's been doing a great job, but the WoW population isn't anywhere near what it once was.  Only guilds that are very actively recruiting are able to maintain their numbers in WoW.

I don't blame you for wanting to move on.  While I don't plan to shut down the WoW division of PIF, I don't ever intend to play the game again, either.  Rather, It's my plan to invest large amounts of time and effort in Shroud of the Avatar when it launches, so if you happen to be interested in that game, it's going to be my primary focus.  I might even begin trying to recruit now, like I did when we were waiting for World of Warcraft to be released.

PIF is not an exclusive guild - We used to be, but nowadays since we play multiple games, there's no need for such nonsense.  You can leave toons here in PIF and join other guilds with others to your heart's content.  Once you're PIF member, you're always a PIF member unless you tell me that you want to quit entirely and not come back, and even then you just get marked as a "former PIF member" and still have access to all the forums except the Inner Circle.  :-)
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
Yeah, what he said.

I don't even have an active wow account anymore... just keep saying hello to me over battle.net occasionally. :)

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline Larknight

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 06:09:49 AM »
ok and Shanni you can't get rid of me that easily!

Offline Arrian

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • There's sure to be another!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 09:24:30 AM »
It's been a pleasure knowing you, Lark.  Go with the wind at your back.  And check in here occasionally, who knows when this cadre will attain critical mass somewhere, but I for one am hoping it does.

Snowblossom
In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »
Oh, we will.  We're one of the oldest MMO gaming guilds on the Internet.  Maybe even THE oldest, since Silvergate came in to existence in 1992 in a text-based MUD.

We've slowed down quite a lot lately, but this tends to happen whenever there's a lull where there isn't a primary game that we're all playing.  Consider the hundreds of members we had in UO and Gemstone, and the over a thousand (!!!) members we had in Asheron's Call 1!  That was a crazy time. I honestly never want to reach that size again.  :-)

I figure I want us to maintain somewhere between thirty and fifty active members in our core game.  Much more than that and guild politics become overcome gameplay and the officers end up basically working all the time instead of playing.  No fun.

But yes - We'll reach "critical mass" again.  Shroud of the Avatar is going to be a really rich, deep game, and I can't wait to start playing with all of my old friends from PIF Silvergate once more.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient