gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57804 Posts in 5489 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk January 26, 2020, 05:13:21 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Hi PIF!
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hi PIF!  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Banosa

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
  • Herro its me!
Re: Hi PIF!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 06:55:45 PM »

Great to hear from you too Kai and Ancient, been ages! Yes, I pledged Knight Level, so the entire Pif family is welcome anytime.  Ive been actively posting on SotA forums (kiamzonm) if you see my screen name.........thats Vel and My last name just fyi.

Currently just playing Paradise Found UO a player run Ultima Shard, really great custom houses options and community similar to  you all.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 06:28:08 AM »
I am (unsurprisingly) on the SotA forums as well, as "Kailef".  I find it difficult to chop through the noise on the forums sometimes, because there are so many people posting one-sided or ill-informed viewpoints.  Still, it's pretty awesome.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 02:30:57 PM »
Vel! Banosa!!!! Hi!

I will be playing SotA as well, super fun times will be had by all. Yay!

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline Banosa

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
  • Herro its me!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 06:43:55 PM »

I am on right now, if you want to chat on Vent, my mic is missing though someone *ahem cough cough* permanantly borrowed it....

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 05:22:00 PM »
What have I been up to?  I'm on week three of four weeks (or so) of "vacation from my home projects."

I haven't logged into WoW in a few months now, not really missing it after grinding far too much time on maxing out my cooking skills, and the Emperor Shaohao rep to get the silly golden dragon.   I mean I do miss it, but I find myself missing the old WoW.   Soloing Molten Core isn't quite the same as a 6-hour failed raid, and DEFINITELY not as much fun as COMPLETING that raid successfully!  Yes, I know I'm a broken record...  Yes, I know organizing those raids wasn't fun... but once we were in there, ah those were fun days.... it reminds me of the time...

<cough>  <blink>

oh.  right.

As soon as spring started to... spring... here... and the ground started to thaw, I rented a nice Kubota B26 backhoe-loader tractor to finish a drainage ditch I started in 2013.  Back then, I hand-dug ~100 feet of trench going from 2 feet to 3.5 feet deep through rocks and roots.  Well, I cured myself of digging, and so opted for the rental, so I could bang out the last 85 feet in style.

So, I did everything one is supposed to do - called for the utilities mark-outs, which were done.  I plotted and laid out the digging lines and it was off to the races.  I dug a nice 6ft deep hole for a small dry well, connected in the pipes for the french drain and 3 gutters, and started to continue to final trench to the street when... PFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah.  I found my gas line.  20 feet away from where they told me it would be.  Thankfully, my first reaction was to yell at my wife and kids to run away (son loves to watch tractors, don't you know) and almost simultaneously turn off the tractor.  I turned to exit the cab, but somehow didn't execute the tiny pirouette to back out of it properly, and landed on my ass on a pile of rocks, 3.5 feet down and about 5 feet away.  Knee clicked hard twice as I stumbled away.  That was just the beginning of the fun.

Called 911, who sends the police, then the fire department and then 15 minutes later the utility folks show up.  I had a police car, fire truck, 3 utility trucks and an even bigger John Deere backhoe parked in front of my house.  Not a single neighbor came over to see what was going on, or even to check on us, or offer refuge for the wife and kids while everything got sorted out (nice neighborhood, right?)  It took them ~3 hours to find the shut-off valve, just a few moments after they told me they were about to tear up my whole yard to find it with the backhoe.

It gets better.  Three days later, my wife smells gas out by the valve and sure enough, they must have damaged the 50-year old valve when they exercised it to close it.  But since it's not spewing gas, utility company decides it's not really important to fix, but sends me a different guy every day for three days to "check things out" -- "It's a leak, it's ok, not really bad, but you shouldn't idle your vehicle near it" -- while standing at the valve, at the end of our driveway, where you MUST STOP THE CAR before entering traffic.  Duh.

I almost cured myself of DIY home projects, but not quite, yet.  So much left to do, I can't even think about gaming right now.  (It's fun to rent and use the tractor, but after you drive it around for a little bit, you realize that you are driving one of the most advanced lawn-destroyers that money can buy, and you just created another project for yourself...)

SotA sounds really interesting to hear you talk about it, Kailef - I envy you your time participating as a fan.

Keep us posted!

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 04:02:17 AM »
Good grief, Abner.  A gas line.  That's some really scary stuff right there.  I'm really glad that your family wasn't hurt.  On that note, is your knee OK?  I've got a certain amount (a lot, really) of experience with knee damage and I know it can be a real pain in the... ah... knee.

I remember the old days when I lived in a part of the country where I actually had a lawn.  We still have one here where I live in southern California, but quite honestly, if I really had to, I could "mow" the entire lawn with a pair of scissors in about twenty minutes.  Not that I have to, because part of our exorbitant HOA fees pay for a gardening company to mow and trim hedges and such several times a month.

My primary focus now is work.  I do a lot of it, six, sometimes seven days a week, and generally a minimum of 10 hours a day.  I'm not actively gaming at all.  It's a sad state of affairs, really.  (Although I am having a lot of fun with regard to the participation I am having in the Shroud of the Avatar development.)
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Banosa

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
  • Herro its me!
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 04:51:36 PM »

Abner! Great to hear from you.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Not to make light of you situation, but my brother Vel tends to be a leaking gasline himself sometimes.

I think he and my sister N law are so comfortable around each other they send fart clouds to each other back and forth....

Offline Arrian

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • There's sure to be another!
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 07:34:06 AM »
Hmmm....maybe they're actually aliens like the ones in Scalzi's "Agent to the Stars," that actually *communicate* via fart clouds.

Just sayin...

Snowblossom
In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda

Offline Banosa

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
  • Herro its me!
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »

Yeah sounds like a Dr. Who Reference......

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 04:57:36 PM »
The knee is getting better, thanks...  Someone at work said I should sue them, at least for medical bills and "pain & suffering," but I'm like you Kai... working 10-hour days and I just don't have time for the drama.    Plus, I suspect the longer I delay, the harder I make a lawyer's job, so it's probably too late already (and I'll think up another dozen excuses if I have to).

I wonder why I didn't get an email about your response on this forum...   do I need to check a box somewhere?

PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Hi PIF!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx