gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57809 Posts in 5489 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk February 23, 2020, 03:16:20 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Hi PIF!
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hi PIF!  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
Hi PIF!
« on: May 02, 2014, 08:09:17 AM »
Hey PIF!

It's been really quiet here! What have people been up to? Gaming, life, family.... stuff?

I play Diablo 3 again, play taxi to my 13 year old and bake cupcakes! My life is not terribly exciting and I'm ok with that. :D

Moo.

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline Arrian

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • There's sure to be another!
Re: Hi PIF!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 08:54:31 AM »
Moo!

How fortuitous your message is; I logged in today just for the first time in ages! I've been busy with taxes since about December, being an accountant and all. Just now recovering :)

Looking for a new MMO, and a new computer to play it on.

If I play anything, it's Tales of Maj'eyal, a nice little rogue-like with a reasonably attractive tile-based overlay, and a fun skill-based system, no polypiling allowed <g>.

I'm thinking ArcheAge when it opens as FTP, currently in alpha.  Or TESO when it inevitably goes FTP,  (released early and it's buggy, not unlike Neverwinter Online, so I don't see paying to play that one).  Or Shroud of the Avatar when it comes.  Either way, I have a month or two to figure out how the heck to build a computer - I don't see affording a pre-built one this time, when you can probably save a grand building one yerself....maybe....<fzzzt>...<zap>....

Snow
In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 02:12:54 PM »
Here's what I do lately:

I work, eat cupcakes, and work.  Yep. That's my life!  Except maybe with slightly more of the "work" item and slightly less of the "eat cupcakes" item.

I don't really game much, but I fuss with a browser CCG called Rise of Mythos to pass time, because it's easy to play for a 10 or 15 minute stretch and leave.  I played Diablo 3 again right up until I realized it was boring me to tears, a determination which took me about forty-five minutes of gameplay to identify.  Now that's a poor ROI right there!

I support Shroud of the Avatar in a rabid and highly overzealous fashion.  I am currently attempting to record / narrate an audiobook version of Blade of the Avatar, which a novel-in-progress, being written primarily by Tracy Hickman, which provides much of the backstory for Shroud of the Avatar.

I'm going to form and maintain PIF Silvergate branch in Shroud of the Avatar.  It's my plan to make it as big and successful as we were back in Asheron's Call 1.  Everything about SotA appeals to me.  The developer is my childhood hero (Richard Garriott), the classless character skill system is exactly my preference, the fact that crafted weapons and gear will usually be better than stuff you get from drops is awesome...  There are a ton of really great things about it I'm very much looking forward to.  I really think I'm going to enjoy it a lot, and I hope everyone else does, too.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Larknight

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 03:05:53 PM »
Hey!
I still playing wow, not doing much besides work and hanging out with my c**katiel I got 2 months ago!

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 02:56:27 PM »
Still playing WOW, waiting for expansion, preordered my copy. I am playing hearthstone and enjoying it. I have discovered that by playing the ranked games I usually meet the average player, the idiots that have more money than brains are way above me. I win about 50 to  60 percent. As soon as I can afford sota I will give it a try.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 06:32:55 AM »
... As soon as I can afford sota I will give it a try.

The good thing is that there's not going to be a monthy fee to play SotA.  It will be a "buy once and play forever" situation, at least, until the next expansion comes out.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »
Is there more than one server, if so let me know which one to sign in on.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 05:18:48 PM »
Nope!  Just one server for everyone.  They have some really cool ideas that will allow everyone to coexist on the same server.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 12:40:09 AM »
I must be really stupid, cause I cannot figure out how to enter the game.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 04:43:17 AM »
Nope, it's something else entirely - They don't have the game open for play all the time.  The game isn't even at Beta yet, they're still doing internal Alpha testing.  Beta tests are, generally, a completed product that they're going through bug squashing and balance testing on.  SotA isn't finished, so they work on it for a month, then release it for a long weekend for testing by the backers, listen to input on ideas and bugs that are found, then take it offline and go back to testing.  They send out an email about once a week and the email will inform you of the times that they'l be opening the game for external playtesting.  Keep in mind that is really isn't anywhere near close to done yet.  When you play it, you are quite literally "testing", not "playing".
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 06:31:01 AM »
Ok thanks.

Offline Vel_Taras

• PIF Templar
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 07:42:32 PM »
Hi Gang!  Still getting settled in here in Hawaii.  Gaming wise, been playing mostly a zombie survival game called 7 Days to die.  Its a voxel game like minecraft but with zombies and a more of an adult team.  Best of all, games can be hosted privately so you don't have to play with the general public if you don't like.  My wife, and a few friends play every so often. :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251570/

Planning on trying SotA but after its close to release probably.  My brother Anosa on the other had is a founder :).

Offline Banosa

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
  • Herro its me!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »
 :o

Hello Pif people!  My brother Vel, (Earl who now lives in Hawaii) mentioned that some of you may be contemplating Shroud of the Avatar...

If so you are always welcomed at our abode anytime.   I decided to pledge to support the game at Knight Level and have a comfy home to share with friends (yes you too Vel).

I hope you are well, and was hoping our travels would cross at some given intersection in life again.

As the logo movie mentioned, everything is Awesome....just got my second promotion careerwise for my new company JPMorgan Chase, family is well and work life balance achieved!

Safe travels good friends....

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 02:48:12 AM »
Hello Vel, glad to hear that all is well. Keep us posted. Hello Banosa, nice to meet you. I hope to see you on SOTA.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 08:49:17 AM »
Hey!  Great to see you again Anosa!  You're still a PIF member, despite your time away.  :-)  Great to hear that things are going well.  I'm definitely looking forward to playing with you again, especially in SotA.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Chat  |  Hi PIF!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx