gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57817 Posts in 5490 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk May 28, 2020, 02:24:33 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Chat  |  Vanilla pets...
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Vanilla pets...  (Read 2012 times)

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
Vanilla pets...
« on: March 21, 2013, 07:47:18 PM »
OK, so I'm probably late to the party...

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7934

has anyone collected some or all of these pets?  if so, can any of these pets be gotten while soloing, or is a group/raid necessary?

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
Re: Vanilla pets...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 02:48:54 AM »
I have been able to solo MC, BWL, and Ahn'Qirage (Except the twins) The drop rates are very low. I think with your dots you should be able to solo the emperors. Look the fights up and you will get good info on soloing them in the comments.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 04:11:50 AM »
Thanks.

Which class did you solo as? 

I'm kinda interested in soloing Molten Core, I have a soft spot in my shriveled-up gnome warlock heart for that place.  Ahh... spending 1.5+ hours out in front of the instance, waiting for everyone to join the raid... wiping on trash... hours later being denied my warlock goodies (yeah, another shaman or pally drop, woo hoo).

Mike

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 07:01:53 AM »
I use my hunter for soloing Mike. But I think I could use my elemental shaman also. I might be able to solo the twins with the shaman and the elementals. She actually does more dps than my hunter. The big difference is my tanking pet on the hunter.

[Edit] Soloing the first boss in bwl takes good timing I can do it but I usually have to do it twice to get it right.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 09:28:06 PM »
Did Molten Core tonight, and it was fairly satisfying!  Had no idea I had to bring "essences" to quench the dohickeys, so couldn't spawn the last 2 bosses.  Surprisingly easy.  Only guy that took my health down was the Baron.  Otherwise easy sailing, and I got my little Harbinger pet!  yippee...

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 02:12:42 AM »
You do not need the essences any more. You just kill all of majordomo's minions and he will goive up. You cannot kill him. He will go to ragnaros and you follow. When you get there and talk to him he will summon ragnaros. Rember you have to stay next to rag or he will aoe kill you no matter what level you are. If you have a pet that can melee tank him that will suffice.

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 02:41:28 AM »
Strange... I killed all the bosses, but majordomo and friends didn't spawn.  Or is that after Golemagg?

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 07:58:52 AM »
after golomag.

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 10:08:45 AM »
ARRRRGH!

So I should have gone BACK to Majordomo and he would've been waiting for me?  dang!!!!

How often does the place respawn?  Maybe I can waltz in tonight?  Hmmm didn't really take too long, maybe an hour or so.

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 01:10:25 PM »
Mike,

I completed this achievement solo with my warlock. It was fairly easy, but did take me a bit of time to fully collect everything. Let me know if you need any warlock hints on solo'ing this stuff... but off the top of my head...

MC - This was all easy... i just had my blueberry tank the entire thing.

BWL - first boss, don't use your pet. I used the sacrifice ability to get the health regen and never got below 50%. Second boss (giant dragon), use your tanky pet and soul stone yourself... pop any dps cooldowns you have and go to town. the others up to chromie are cake.

AQ - first boss - DO NOT use your pet! The boss will MC you and it'll all go to hell. Twins - put blueberry on the melee one and dps the caster one... make sure to switch when they do. It was easy but took a long time to finish this fight... but you should be able to put out enough dps to make it work. The jelly looking boss... I switched to affliction and used my succy for this one... when you get to the part where he freezes or something and you can't get him down... run up and mellee him. Cake.

Naxx - Um... the dog one... I pulled the dog to the end of the room and had my pent tank him while i went all out on dps. I ignored the adds and let them heal the boss... i was able to dps through it. Oh! On the Heigan guy, i had my pet tank him on the platform while i ran around dodging the green goo sprays coming up from the floor. Easy peasy.

I'm sure i'm missing some, but thats what i've come up with off the top of my head after running a race today. :)

On a partial side note... I had poet help me when I first went into Naxx and I got him killed. It was good times and totally worth it. :)

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Chat  |  Vanilla pets...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx