gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57843 Posts in 5494 Topics by 455 Members - Latest Member: Martinbeify May 27, 2024, 09:36:23 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Star Wars:TOR Boards  |  SW TOR Chat  |  free character transfers announced
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: free character transfers announced  (Read 1794 times)

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
free character transfers announced
« on: June 18, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »
so... I don't know if server consolidations have been announced yet, but I expect that will happen next

Is there any sense in picking a server to move the guilds too?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are happy to announce that one or more of your characters are available for our Free Character Transfer Service. To begin your character transfer, please sign in to your account here and select "Character Transfer" from the left-side navigation. If you are in a guild, be sure to coordinate with your guildmates and reform your guild after transferring to the destination server.

For questions regarding this service, please visit our Character Transfer page or our FAQs.

May the Force be with you!

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
Re: free character transfers announced
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 01:27:20 PM »
The relatively boring/frustrating nature of the combat is what made me get tired of that game.  I love the stories and the plotlines and voice acting.  All outstanding.  But it really starts to feel like a grind after a while, and that grind really breaks it for me.

This obviously has nothing to do with character transfers.  I wonder, though, what the point would even be?
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 03:41:20 AM »
There were a bunch of low pop servers that are being turned into single high pop servers with this move. Went from 10 or so people on the station at one point on Wall of Light to 290 on Harbinger. Nice change to the economy. Keeps the people that are going to keep playing together, rather than all spread around. Easier to get groups too. I hadn't seen the option to move from Hyperspace Cannon yet though.

Shanni's Minion and personal GPS

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:57:08 AM »
I suppose the benefit would be to collectively choose a server to go to, rather than wait to be assigned one if/when Hyperspace Cannon is dissolved/merged.

Offline Arrian

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • There's sure to be another!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
I got the notice of move availability in the email linked to the account.  Haven't logged in to check and see if there's a move button somewheres, my sub is cancelled anyway and I doubt I'll be back.  Burned out on maxxing the commendations, playing all by my lonesome.

After all these years you'd think they'd be able to do sidekicking properly, so whomever's on can play with whomever else is on.  If I wanted to play a single player game I'd play Diablo...oh...wait....

Snow

<Once again awaiting the Next Big Thing (tm)...currently awaiting: GW2>
In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »
The Next Big Thing that I am waiting for is Mechwarrior Online.  I love the Battletech/Mechwarrior/Mechcommander franchise and I am really looking forward to a well-done multiplayer mech combat game.  I've never been one for first person shooters, the only one I ever really played multiplayer for any length of time was Unreal Tournament.  But mech combat is an entirely different animal.  The format is going to be F2P which I dislike - You'll be able to buy a subscription to get a premium account that gives you more XP and money (C-Bills is the term in the Battletech universe) and make microtransactions to get perks.  I've never liked paying money to get an advantage over other players, but I suppose make the game free to play to begin with will bring more people in.

Wow, we're waaaay off topic.  So much for character transfers.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 03:40:20 AM »
I've taken advantage of both free server transfers at this point, so Hyperspace Cannon characters are on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and Wall of Light characters are on The Harbinger. What a change it's made to have a booming server population again!

Shanni's Minion and personal GPS

PIF Silvergate  |  Star Wars:TOR Boards  |  SW TOR Chat  |  free character transfers announced

gfxgfx
gfx gfx