gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar to be PIF Silvergate's primary game!  Visit their website and donate to the cause to get early beta access!

gfx gfx
gfx
57733 Posts in 5481 Topics by 438 Members - Latest Member: Redbeard December 14, 2018, 12:05:29 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Star Wars:TOR Boards  |  SW TOR Quest and Flashpoint Planning  |  Heroic Flashpoints
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Heroic Flashpoints  (Read 1665 times)

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
Re: Heroic Flashpoints
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 07:53:51 AM »
We had a revealing, frustrating yet wonderful time last night. I found out that my best geared character, Sorc/healer with 49/50 slotted gear and weapon. 49/50 gear in all other slots, was woefully inifficient in the BT heroic. She could not keep up with the amount of damage occuring. I will go back to school on her healing rotations. I also have a bounty hunter/dps that is not quite as well geared. I would love to give her a try next time.

I was extremely dissapointed at the loot drops from the reg 50 instance False Emeperor.

All in all I felt everyone really enjoyed themselves.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Arrian

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • There's sure to be another!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »
Yeah, we definitely were not geared enough to do even the first Heroic, first boss.  I think we might have done it with a little luck, but we spent plenty in repair bills giving it a decent try.

I don't know that you were any further off the mark than our tank, A1.  If that loot that dropped of the end boss of False Emperor normal was an upgrade (the only decent loot of the night, what a zero event loot wise that was!) then that's pretty far off - that was a 48 modded item IIRC.

It may mean that anyone that wants to keep trying this will have to grind the dailies to get the 51/50 mods.  I don't think it would take *that* long - should get a 50 armor, a 50 mod and an 50 enhancement every day from the heroic 2's and 4's, so that's only 5 days worth to get those up to 50.  The trick is getting a group for the Ilum Heroic2, which is hard.

That would also yield 45 daily tokens just off the heroics - I think we could probably run them in about 45 minutes or less with a group - and that's 5 51 armors (at 8 tokens apiece) or 1/3 of the way to a Rakata implant.  IF you ran ALL the dailies, it's 2.5-3hrs, 23 tokens a day, 5 days gets you a Rakata.  And there are 3 slots where you can buy the Rakata gear.

Also, running dailies nets cash - about 250k to run all of them, each day, which gives you the money to buy purple gear off the AH, which is probably the fastest way to get adequate gear - good belts and bracers are 100k, but you can occasionally get better (because they're blue+augment, and folks undervalue those) for 50k.  One run of dailies is plenty of cash for that.

Anyone want a hand running dailies? <grins> I think my wife is playing concerts Friday and Saturday, so I could do something both nights.

Snow
In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 06:19:31 PM »
I'm game Snow. I have improved my gear on both my characters today. Grinding dailies for credits and tokens.

I'm in a quandry about gearing which character so I am spending time on both. It sounds like we will have enough healing so I am spending a little more time on my BH than my Sorc. My BH does very descent dps now.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 06:27:17 AM »
I think that's an awesome idea.  We ought to have a regularly scheduled group daily grind, where we get on Vent and have a little bit of fun.  Dailies drive me nuts, I hate soloing the same crap every day, but if we do it together, on Vent, it'll make it far less irritating.

I am generally able to do such things every day except Tuesday and Thursday.  Probably after 6 PM pacific time, although I need to plan for dinner in there somewhere.  What does everyone think?
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 09:33:51 AM »
I like the idea.

Offline Arrian

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • There's sure to be another!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 11:27:23 AM »
I'm happy to help with these, even though I'm all geared out.  A little extra cash never hurt.  And the mods are tradeable, although you can only get the ones that would suit your own toon (which is why the price of these is dropping on the AH, down to 20k, now that more people are done gearing themselves out) - but if anyone has an aim-based toon (bh, basically - agent is cunning, right?) I can pass along the mods for twinkage.  Maybe you should run them on your sorcy, A1, and I'll give my mods to your bh.

I typically run em a little later, I usually get home somewhere around 6, eat dinner, and suffer through a walk if my wife is there and making me get my exercise :(

Tonight, and Saturday, though, I'll be good any time after 6, though, she has to leave for an early concert start.

Snow
In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 01:07:58 PM »
If I'm playing with friends, I won't mind the grind so much at all.  Plus, if we do this well enough and trade appropriately we can have our favorite companions decked out with the higher end gear, too.  That'd be cool.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »
yes and today I just found out that you can do dalies on belsavis and Ilum to get more daily tokens.

There are more heroics on belsavis.

PIF Silvergate  |  Star Wars:TOR Boards  |  SW TOR Quest and Flashpoint Planning  |  Heroic Flashpoints

gfxgfx
gfx gfx