gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57843 Posts in 5494 Topics by 455 Members - Latest Member: Martinbeify June 13, 2024, 06:40:41 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Star Wars:TOR Boards  |  SW TOR Chat  |  Legacy Name
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Legacy Name  (Read 4599 times)

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
Legacy Name
« on: December 11, 2011, 02:07:22 AM »
Names are important to me and apparently to SW:TOR. They have created the Legacy name system that is apparently going to mean something in upcomming patches.

The names I have chosen for my characters are as realistic sounding names for each race. I have found that the Aurebesh alphabet has been created and is used in the game. It is the unusual Hieroglyphic symbols used on the sign boards. If you put your cursor on the word it shows what it means in game.

I have found the Aurebesh font and installed it on my system. It is A-Z and 0-9. It can be found here:

http://davidocchino.com/portfolio/typography/aurebesh.html

This will be my legacy name if I can figure how to use in Game. It is the Aurebesh font spelling of my last name.
Skees

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
Re: Legacy Name
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:16:57 AM »
The last name that all of my characters generally have is do'Laren, which will be the same here as well, assuming they let me use an apostrophe.  :-)
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 06:00:48 AM »
I was able to use apostrophes on my character Ral'Rai-d'ukal durring the test so I would assume it will be the same in game.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Reveler

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
  • The Voice of Reason
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »
I like the things they've talked about for the Legacy name system, and am looking forward to it as a game mechanic. That said...

It's sooo against the lore of the Jedi in the Old Republic. Yup, it's true that Luke Skywalker decided to 'change' the Jedi by having them do things like marry and have children... but that was NOT the Jedi way prior to him. The Old Republic is 'prior' to Luke by thousands of years, so... against the lore.  :P

<SPOILER> They even go so far as to have a quest on Tython where you uphold the Jedi code by turning in a couple of Padawans who have fallen in love, OR get Dark Side points for letting them have their love.

LOL! I totally get a kick outta this.

Like I said, tho. I am really interested in the Legacy system. Great way to reward us altoholics. ;-)

~Jim
Consider the immortal words of the wise Dark Helmet, “So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.”

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 05:39:17 PM »
I might actually make my legacy name "Kailef" just to reduce confusion.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 02:21:31 PM »
*shrugs* 25% of the characters are Jedi, if there was an even split on who makes what. The Legacy would still work for all of the others! They could always just make the Jedi not benefit from the Legacy system. Or explain it away in that they were using the name as an homage to a previously famous Jedi, etc. Besides, of those 25% that are Jedi, a good half would be tempted to fall in love at the very least!

Shanni's Minion and personal GPS

Offline Killraven

• PIF Veteran
  • Post Rank 5
  • String a bow and seek out the thrill of the hunt!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 02:23:52 PM »
Couldn't all your characters be brothers, sisters and cousins?  Are any of them intended to be the parent of the others?  They could all be "related" and not a single one be married or have had children yet.

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 01:42:05 AM »
With different races siblings would be impossible but cousins might be reasonable, but still a stretch. I would have to alter my bios.

Offline Aglaeca

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 4
  • "There is no secret ingredient!" - Mr. Ping
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 02:20:16 AM »
I look at the Legacy name more of like a story arc grouping than a family surname.  For instance...    Even though Han, Obi-Wan, Lando, and Chewbacca weren't blood relatives of Luke, Leia, and Darth Vader they all were part of the same story arc.  At least that is how I intend to interpret the Legacy system.  In that way, you could have any race/class combination you want and can easily explain them in your Legacy Story arc.

Offline Killraven

• PIF Veteran
  • Post Rank 5
  • String a bow and seek out the thrill of the hunt!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 02:26:25 AM »
With different races siblings would be impossible but cousins might be reasonable, but still a stretch. I would have to alter my bios.

Are you saying inter-racial marriages and mixed race characters are not allowed?  Are you a racist A1?

;)

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 02:30:02 AM »
Of cou... Wait, no I am saying um... Let me get back to you on that.

PIF Silvergate  |  Star Wars:TOR Boards  |  SW TOR Chat  |  Legacy Name

gfxgfx
gfx gfx