gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57843 Posts in 5494 Topics by 455 Members - Latest Member: Martinbeify June 13, 2024, 08:55:56 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Star Wars:TOR Boards  |  SW TOR Chat  |  Solo inquisitor/Consular
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Solo inquisitor/Consular  (Read 1555 times)

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
Solo inquisitor/Consular
« on: December 10, 2011, 02:44:57 AM »
I leveled my consular to level 17 and had an absolute ball with the character. It has turned out to be my favorite so far, with the trooper a close second. I chose the sage option with healing as my main activity. At level 12 I got a good heal and decided to go to the Esseles. I was very comfortible healing. We had no problems. We only had 3 in the group so I used Quizzen Fess as an off tank. He was very good in that role. Some times I was not able to send him in since the group tank was very active and I had to heal. That actually worked well also. If I pulled any agro Fess went immediately to the culprit and took him off me. I think using group chat with PIFers would solve that problem.

I also healed a level 17 heroic when I was level 15. That was difficult and a lot of fun.

I found soloing the consular was quite satisfying with Fess tanking and her dps. We had little or no problems with anything that we faced. When fightinhg groups I would target a melee mob and send in Fess. He would get group agro. Then I would target a ranged dps and put him in a stasis field which would last for 60 sec. Then I would target the next group member, taking out the ranged first, and take the group down. I would throw heals on Fess as needed, which was not often. I found this approach worked for groups up to 2 levels higher than my character. I also found out that I could, if I was careful, attack elites the same level as my character using Fess to tank and kill the elite as I healed him.

The only difficulty I had was geting drops for Fess. They were few and far between. I also found that I was never sure what weapon to give him. I think Vibro blades are the trick, but not sure.

By the way I never had force problems with healing so far.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Reveler

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
  • The Voice of Reason
Re: Solo inquisitor/Consular
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 06:40:26 AM »
Thanks, A1. Your experiences with the Sage have just made my choice of Advanced Class even MORE difficult!  ;)

Seriously, that's fantastic news. I am very glad the Corruption tree is a viable solo spec.
Consider the immortal words of the wise Dark Helmet, “So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.”

Offline Aglaeca

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 4
  • "There is no secret ingredient!" - Mr. Ping
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 07:21:24 AM »
Link to the Sith Inquisitor progression video...  Sites currently down so you won't be able to check it out until SWTOR comes back up.  Unless you can find it on youtube.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/sith-inquisitor-character-progression

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 07:46:07 AM »
Glad to help Jim. I am sure as we get higher levels it will get better.

Ira I watched that video this morning before they took the site down It is nice.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

PIF Silvergate  |  Star Wars:TOR Boards  |  SW TOR Chat  |  Solo inquisitor/Consular

gfxgfx
gfx gfx