gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar to be PIF Silvergate's primary game!  Visit their website and donate to the cause to get early beta access!

gfx gfx
gfx
57735 Posts in 5481 Topics by 439 Members - Latest Member: DudleyKin March 21, 2019, 02:33:40 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Membership Applications  |  Gilius' Application -CLOSES-
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Gilius' Application -CLOSES-  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Gilius

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
Gilius' Application -CLOSES-
« on: January 03, 2011, 12:51:21 PM »
Hi all !

Your Name or what we should call you:
Gilius
You are applying for: Full Membership / Raider Membership
Whichever fits the needs of the guild as a whole is fine with me. I have done my share of raiding, so I'd be glad to jump in if one is needed. Conversely, if the guild is full of raiders and just needs general membership for anything else, I'm fine with that too.

Your Main Character info:
           Character Name: Gilius
           Class/Spec: Shaman/Elemental (willing to switch...just chose Elem to fit the Gilius theme)
           Raid Experience: Some of BC, and everything in Wrath through about ....7-ish bosses into Ulduar. Didn't get a chance to try out ICC because it wasn't out yet.
           Alternate characters: Umm...lots? Ok, I'm a self admitted altoholic. I have my little nametag and everything.

Can you commit to a set raiding schedule and show up at least one progression raid a week?  Yes!
          If yes, what night(s)? Any night, really. If Sun-Thurs, though, I'd not be able to raid later than midnight Central due to work.

What Server do you play on?
Icecrown - US

Where did you hear of PIF - Silvergate?
On the WoW forums for Icecrown, Killraven's recruitment thread.

Why are you choosing to apply to PIF?  
Because promoting reciprocity is a fantastic theme for a guild to have. Too often, people get caught up in the levels and gear race to make themselves as powerful as possible. While this in itself wouldn't be so bad, it can come at the expense of overlooking those around you.

Why do you feel you would be an asset to PIF?  
Simply stated, I enjoy helping others.

What do you expect to get from PIF?
I was going to joke and say "Phat Lewtz!" but.... :)   seriously, I'd be content with just a nice, friendly member base that backs up their charter's ideals through their own actions.   ..and...who knows, maybe a friend or two along the way?

Would you have any issues moving your alts to this guild once you become a member? (if yes explain why) :
I'd have no issues at all. Actually, I brought one over with a bunch of gold so I could set myself up with bags and future mount expense money. I wouldn't mind transferring another if needed.

Have you belonged to another guild (s) before?  Yes, over the years I've been in a few.
Which guild (s)? A couple of RL friends' guilds that dissolved due to their leaderships having conflicts, plus one guild that was fan-based for a WoW radio show.
 How long? Hm....that I honestly don't remember. Varied lengths for each.
 Why did you leave?   If they dissolved, that's why. The radio show one is the only exception. In that one, the show hosts (who were the leadership) had to pass leadership on to others and quit WoW due to RL time constraints. The appointed leaders rearranged things and prioritized their personal friends while excluding others, and that didn't sit well with me, so I left.
           Would there be any issue with us contacting the guild leader?
None at all.
Have you held a leadership position in another guild?  What was it?
No, never have. In the casual guilds, the leadership was the founders, and in the raiding guilds, I didn't feel qualified to volunteer for raid leadership.

Have you read the Guild Charter and Code of Conduct for PIF?
Yes

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
African or European?

Lastly, tell us about yourself and your gaming experience?
 About myself, I dont think anything I could type in this little box would describe me justly. Better to find out for yourself. Besides, what I think of myself may be entirely different from what each other person thinks of me. :)

As for gaming, loooong story. I was an arcade rat as a kid (back when games were a quarter, whippersnappers!) and grew up with consoles, then progressed to computer games when computers were powerful enough to offer better gaming experiences than consoles. Played lots of things!  MMOs include Everquest, SWG, FFXI, a few of those grindy Korean ones (ugh!) , and some others I'm sure I've forgotten.

**promoted to member - 4.3.11**

Offline Killraven

• PIF Veteran
  • Post Rank 5
  • String a bow and seek out the thrill of the hunt!
Re: Gilius' Application
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »
Glad to see your application.  Welcome.

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 04:33:56 AM »
Welcome.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:01:36 AM »
Great application Gilius, nice to see you applying! Go Arcade Rats!! *cheers* I spent a good deal of time in them myself, hehe! We have a *VERY* similar gaming history!

Shanni's Minion and personal GPS

Offline KILUMALL

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:12:58 PM »
Welcome, glad to see your aplication, and hope to see you in game

Offline Gilius

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:29:01 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

Silverbranch, a fellow arcade rat?  Then you might know why I *had* to be a dwarf with lightning attacks.  Points if anyone knows without Google !

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 09:34:39 AM »
Without using Google I'd have to say Golden Axe off the top of my head!
I was a big fan of the Neo Geo fighting games, spent HOURS playing World Heroes and the Art of Fighting ;)

Offline Gilius

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 11:20:16 AM »
Yep, that's the one. Its nice to see that it developed into a long term franchise with several titles, though I haven't played anything beyond GA 2.

Offline Shaders

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:41:06 PM »
Nice to see ypur application.  Look forward to grouping with you .

Offline KILUMALL

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 02:27:47 AM »
Glad to see your application, looking forward to seeing you in game

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 08:21:41 AM »
Yeah, I've never played anything past GA 2 either :) I enjoyed 1 and 2 though! Great avatar choice! Using a potion, are we? hehe

Offline Gilius

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 09:49:20 AM »
It was the best I could find. I was hoping for something with lightning in it, but it'll do. 

On a side note, I'm hoping to group up with some guildies soon. The leveling thing is only tolerable due to new quest content, because its like my millionth time doing the 1-60 thing.  Its just a downer that all the group requests I see on guild chat are way out of my range at the moment or I'd volunteer.

Offline Syrel

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
Glad to see your app :)
I swear its all Tokim's fault! Really..... i think i'll think of some reason why. :P

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 04:17:38 AM »
I'm going to be Gilius' sponsor.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline abner

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • abner
    • Lost in the Details
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 11:55:58 AM »
I'm going to be Gilius' sponsor.

He is the Chosen One, he will bring Balance to the Force.

PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Membership Applications  |  Gilius' Application -CLOSES-

gfxgfx
gfx gfx