gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57791 Posts in 5486 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk December 07, 2019, 06:15:37 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Help  |  Druids (Moderators: Shanni, Arkana, Killraven)  |  druid tanking
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: druid tanking  (Read 1340 times)

Offline marrcuss

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
druid tanking
« on: August 27, 2010, 06:04:30 PM »
here is a post a friend of mine who is a good druid tank posted and actually got published by wowhead

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=129350

his name is hasmel hes one of the best bear tanks ive met ..

hope this helps any bears we have out there

Offline Larknight

• PIF Templar
  • Post Rank 2
Re: druid tanking
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 06:13:22 PM »
I recognize that name, not sure where from probably healed him, and i did like the experience

Offline Killraven

• Forum Moderator
  • Post Rank 5
  • String a bow and seek out the thrill of the hunt!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 06:31:04 AM »
Sounds like the kind of guy we might want in PIF.  In the WoW Armory it appears he is not guilded atm.  Any chance we could get him to try out our company and see if we fit together?

Offline marrcuss

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 03:54:34 AM »
i could speak with him and see..i know he has a wierd schedule but as i said i can speak to him and see.

and lark he used to raid with pell and us all the time so if u ran with us in the old naxx 25's i ran with pell that u have seen him or ran with him...

another thing about him is he likes doing the old time raids..hes the guy i told yall that i knew could solo mc

Offline Killraven

• Forum Moderator
  • Post Rank 5
  • String a bow and seek out the thrill of the hunt!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 02:40:26 PM »
We don't discriminate based on RL schedule, etc.  In that regard he might find a good home with us.  If anyone's RL schedule won't allow them to make many or any PIF raids, we certainly must allow some accomodation for that.  Now, if 50-100% of the time, someone is raiding with a pug or another guild at the same time we are raiding as a guild it causes me to raise a different concern.  First, do we simply not have enough "capacity" to get everyone in.  Second, can we field two raids at the same time.

Based on what you've said about him, he seems like a good source of information and a good person to group with.

Offline Gilius

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 04:29:39 AM »
I was going to come over here and open a beartank thread for Mystex, but its good to see someone already did. In any case, I'll toss a few links out there for whoever is curious.

....plus the site is telling me that the posts in this thread are all old  so I'm posting fresh stuff, straight out of the Cataclysmic oven.

http://www.ferociousinspiration.net/2011/01/feral-druid-tanking-level-85-guide.html

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/01/18/shifting-perspectives-feral-druid-tanking-101/

..aaand here's your 4.0.6 patch notes, just for something extra.

https://fullphaser1.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/druid-nerfs-in-4-0-6/

sorry, druids.

Offline Perrin

• PIF Agent
  • Post Rank 5
  • /fades back into the shadows...
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 07:10:38 AM »
Bear tanking is definitely taking a substantial dps hit.  That converts to less threat.  Lets hope it doesn't break them!

Kitty cat dps is getting nerfed as well, but I'm hoping the net effect is close to a wash.  Dots are my top 2 dps abilities, followed by white damage, so to get a 10% hit to both dots is painful.  I'm hoping the 25% increase to shred/mangle will balance out that nerf.  Only time will tell though.  I believe what it will do is lower my dps on boss targets and increase my dps on trash.  I need a boost to trash damage.  If my overall dps remains static and it goes as I just mentioned, I can live with that.  I'm a bit nervous about the druid bear nerf though.  Those are pretty substantial decreases. 

Perrin

Perrin the Doody Man

PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Help  |  Druids (Moderators: Shanni, Arkana, Killraven)  |  druid tanking

gfxgfx
gfx gfx