gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57817 Posts in 5490 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk October 19, 2020, 05:30:44 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Help  |  Priests (Moderators: Shanni, Arkana, Killraven)  |  JamRock & Healz.
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: JamRock & Healz.  (Read 1906 times)

Offline p03t

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 4
  • Uber Farmer
JamRock & Healz.
« on: November 16, 2009, 09:16:22 AM »
The Jamrock is looking for information spoon fed to him about healing.
-Does he spec into Discipline or Holy (Holy will hurt his rep, but sacrifices have to be made.)  Which is better for 5 mans for raid healing does not look like much fun, no offence to the Powerful Arkana.
-What should my talent tree look like.
...and all the other stuffs one should know before jumping into this thing called healz.

...aAnd then, I will require many painful, death filled, large repair bill runs thru 5 man dungeons.  Shanni is welcome, for I intend to dance with the Devil on her body.

So any help, assistence, tips, monies will be appreciated.

Always,
-p037
Poet~Fable~Jamrock~Parable

Offline Killraven

• Forum Moderator
  • Post Rank 5
  • String a bow and seek out the thrill of the hunt!
Re: JamRock & Healz.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 01:07:38 PM »
I think Snow is dual spec with one holy and the other discipline.  You could certainly look at his discipline talents.  Copy them and ask him about spell use scenarios.  Compare Snow's holy spec with the one Ed uses.  They can probably both give you some pointers on spell use scenarios for holy.

Offline Arrian

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • There's sure to be another!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »
I am dual spec, Holy and Disc, and I use both every week.  Feel free to copy my spec, but be aware that there are certain choices I make for specific reasons, more so with the Holy spec than the Disc spec.  And furthermore be aware (forewarned? <g>) that I can noodle theorycrafting for HOURS about some of those choices...

To be brief, however, I would say that Disc is best for healing 5-mans and 10-mans, and works well for 25 man tank healing (although not as well as Pally or certain Druid configurations) and can do raid healing in a pinch.  Holy is best for 25-man raid healing.  So if I had to pick one, I would pick Disc, at the current configurations of talents and whatnot.

With disc, the key talents are Soul Warding, which puts Power Word: Shield on to the global cooldown, Rapture, which gives you back mana when your shield is fully used up, and Penance, which is the roxxors heal.  Basically, you shield, put Prayer of Mending out on the cooldown, Penance, then flash heal two or three times (or insert renew, shield or PoM for a flash as needed) and cast Penance again.  When you must raid heal, use Prayer of Mending if appropriate, shield (which will invoke your Borrowed Time) and use the Borrowed Time haste to speed your Prayer of Healing.  Pre-shield people if possible.

As far as gear/gemming, go for Int > SP > crit = haste > Spi >> MP5.  You will NEVER run out of mana except under very unusual circumstances.  I don't even run out of mana on the Vezax fight, even using no green goo, since rapture still works (for 1/3 the mana of normal, but that's enough.)  In normal play if all I ever do is shield and they get absorbed, my mana goes UP, I get back more than it costs to cast.

Snowblossom
In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda

Offline Shanni

• Forum Moderator
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 07:04:36 PM »
*snicker*

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline p03t

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 4
  • Uber Farmer
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 08:20:50 PM »
No snickering from the Peanut box please.

*ahem*  Annyway, thank you Snow, I will check out your tree of Uberness.  Read up on Disc healing, Tankspot.com has an article I have been trying to read.

-p037

Offline p03t

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 4
  • Uber Farmer
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 07:53:39 AM »
I am looking at the Snow & the ED!! super uber gear & most excellent powerful trees of talents. 
Seems them there healing priests don't need no 'to hit' Yay!! 

Are the 2 trees different enuff that I will need to stack different stats. ie Disc needs more Mp5 & Holy needs more Int. or are both about the same?

-p037

Offline Arrian

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • There's sure to be another!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 09:43:50 AM »
They're pretty similar imo.  I have some extra spirit for the holy gear, extra int on the disc gear.  But by and large the good stuff is not that wildly divergent.  I think at the moment I trade out like one trinket and a neck piece.

No sense in anything with to-hit, obviously.

Actually, Holy can use extra mana regen, disc never runs out of mana anyway.  These days you get most of your mana regen from the bigger INT pool, which ups the mana regen talents (shadowfiend, prayer of something-I-forget), so int is better than mp5 anyway for either spec.

Snow
In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda

Offline Shanni

• Forum Moderator
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »
I just have to bump this post to say...

*snicker*

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline Perrin

• PIF Agent
  • Post Rank 5
  • /fades back into the shadows...
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 07:30:41 AM »
You heard Poet, no snickering in here!  Poet put her in her place, the warlock/druid has run amuck!

Perrin

Perrin the Doody Man

PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Help  |  Priests (Moderators: Shanni, Arkana, Killraven)  |  JamRock & Healz.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx