gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar to be PIF Silvergate's primary game!  Visit their website and donate to the cause to get early beta access!

gfx gfx
gfx
57733 Posts in 5481 Topics by 438 Members - Latest Member: Redbeard December 13, 2018, 11:40:20 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Archives  |  CoX Chat  |  I have an Idea for an architect mission!
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: I have an Idea for an architect mission!  (Read 2377 times)

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
I have an Idea for an architect mission!
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:32:40 AM »
1st - Title "Lil Red riding in the wood." 

The story arc will be to locate and then free Lil Red. She will be a boss-ally with fire and healing. She will accompany the group to find and kill the "Ole Bad Wolf". He will be an arc villian. The story will be in a medium sized wooded map. I will be using the games warewolves for enemies. The Ole Bad wolf would have captured "Granny Red" and we must free her and kill him. We will have to locate clues (Maps) to locate him and we will have to recover "Lil Red's" basket.

Any suggestions and comments will be welcome.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
Re: I have an Idea for an architect mission!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »
Story:

Lil Red went riding in the woods to Granny's house. They were attacked and captured by Ole Bad Wolf's minions. A ransome note was delivered to Mamma Red. As it happens she is some big muckety muck with Arachnos. She is located in Aeon City in Cap  near the arbriter. She will be the mission comtact to start the mission. If Lil Red dies the mission will fail.

I need ideas as to: difficulty level, whether it should be one single mission or more of a story arc. Should I have a lot of bosses and minions or a few bosses and a lot of minions. Should I have things like finding the basket as a side mission with a temp power reward or just part of the story line.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 01:49:46 PM »
It sounds like you have the hard part figured out A1, the story. The rest is all your personal choice. While I don't believe you can give a temp power reward, the rest is all user selected, and you can make it as challenging as you want. Mine had 6 arch-villains... it was a *ROUGH* mission that needed a bit of toning down before it was humanly possible. But we persevered and managed to get through it, and boy did we earn our stripes doing it!

The only real difficulty tip I can give is this : Make sure you vary your minions and lieutenants (create a few versions of each) so that you don't end up with like 10 stacked debuffs of the same type.

You can try making it more than one mission, but I found that when you're using custom enemy groups, one mission is about 60-70% of the "space" they allow you to use for your mission, so I cut mine into two seperate "chapters" which were individual missions rather than an arc.

Shanni's Minion and personal GPS

Offline Areydan

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 05:55:02 AM »
That is actually very creative A1, very nice! Can you include custom sound/wave files at all?

If so you must use the ...

"Run away little girl, run away" From kara! Well probably not for Copyright infringement etc etc, but still!

Offline Aglaeca

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 4
  • "There is no secret ingredient!" - Mr. Ping
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 06:09:09 AM »
That is actually very creative A1, very nice! Can you include custom sound/wave files at all?

If so you must use the ...

"Run away little girl, run away" From kara! Well probably not for Copyright infringement etc etc, but still!

Or maybe using a variable from the game...   "Run away little "<character class/name>", run away!"

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 06:38:06 AM »
Nice idea Ira. But this is very complicated. I started 3 times and am having difficulties setting this up. I have to read more about it.

I have a question, does the level of the minions I want to use matter for the level I want to set up for the mission?

The werewolves I want are level 45-54.

[Edit] I found this site it is very nice for anyone who is confused by the creation project.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?game=3&feature=3000&bhcp=1

I will add more as I search.

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 02:11:47 PM »
Yes A1, the level of the mobs is set, so if the wolves are 45-54, the mission requires at least level 43's to be survivable.

Shanni's Minion and personal GPS

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 02:20:56 AM »
That is a bummer I didn't want the mission to be so restricted. I will have to figure something out.

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 04:12:18 AM »
Its actually not restricted at all...

You can make a custom made character to use for your mobs. Its just like creating a new character in the selection process, and quite fun really.

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

PIF Silvergate  |  Archives  |  CoX Chat  |  I have an Idea for an architect mission!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx