gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57791 Posts in 5486 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk December 07, 2019, 06:17:46 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Help  |  PIF Interface
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: PIF Interface  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Deil

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
PIF Interface
« on: January 20, 2009, 04:23:14 PM »
I have downloaded the PIF Silvergate interface and it way different than I am used to. Do you have a "directions guide" I can read or such.  I would like to understand it better before I do any groupage where lives other than mine depend upon me pulling my own weight  ;)
I didn't get alot of time today to play with it because I kept crashing,

Offline Mushen

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Mushen, Australian for SMASH!
Re: PIF Interface
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
Must of it should be pretty simple to understand. Feel freet to ask any questions you have though as there are a few that are not readily clear.

God: Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket.
Bender: Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money.
God: Yes, if he makes it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 08:26:22 PM »
I'm afraid that we haven't got any printed directions or a guide of any sort.  However, Mushen is right - We've been working really hard lately to make the modset function with little to no "tweaking" to get it working right off the bat.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Deil

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 11:23:34 AM »
I have been playing with it for a bit now and Shivingston has been an excellent resource for my questions. I can't wait to use it in a group setting. It does really change up your screen. I'm playing solo right now to become accustomed to it.

Offline Perrin

• PIF Agent
  • Post Rank 5
  • /fades back into the shadows...
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 08:23:03 PM »
New question:

There was a mod we had that looked kinda like Fubar that I had on the very bottom of my screen that showed my Attack Power.  As a druid I found it very helpful to identify when I was missing an AP buff or needing to refresh my ability that gives me more attack power.  I can not seem to locate that mod.  Anyway know what it was called?  Specifically I am looking for a way to put the stat "Attack Power" on a Fubar type looking bar.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I recently had to reformat my computer and I lost all my software including my wow mods.

Perrin

Perrin the Doody Man

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 08:48:43 PM »
*scratches head*  I don't know.....  I don't remember anything like that, honestly.

I'm going to be doing a new modset this weekend, I think, to update the Questhelper DB in the newer zones.

I might throw nUI in this time, but I think it'll scare everyone too much.....
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Perrin

• PIF Agent
  • Post Rank 5
  • /fades back into the shadows...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »
For those that like Wintergrasp, there is a mod called "Wintergrasper" that you can download.  Once you do, all you have to do is visit Wintergrasp to activate it for the night and it will keep track of when it's up again from that point on until you log out (when you then have to repeat the process). 

There is a mod called Quickmark that has a toolbar that you can leave up if you are the tank and want to mark targets.  Nice if you are the tank.  Doesn't take any resources to speak of. 

An alternative to Outfitter would be nice.  It doesn't work half the time (or more) and seems to require constant updating.  Seems too high maintenance.  I downloaded another one and it's okay but very basic.  I can't say I recommend it so won't even mention the name of it.

I downloaded an addon called "Spotter" I believe it's called that's really cool if you have a "gatherer" type character.  On Rascal, I do herbing and mining and this program rotates back and forth between herbs and minerals so you can harvest both as you fly about.  Easy to use, and has helped me a ton to be more efficient.  You can click it and it turns off, you can configure it to look for fish, herbs, or minerals (or any combination thereof) and tell it when to do it, like only when you're flying, etc. 

Deadly boss mobs I find to be useful as well but that might be too resource intensive. 

I can't think of anything else that might be nice that I'm currently using that is "outside" the current modset. 

Perrin the Doody Man

Offline Hazina

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • I love my Picha Pie... and Vel's karaoke singing.
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:42:15 AM »
So now that I have a few minutes here and there to play, I downloaded the most recent modset and am playing with it. The only thing I would like to change is the size of the UI frames. How do I do this ? I have tried typing /stellarbars but it does nothing, and clicking on the class icon in the frame no longer shows a drop down menu for resizing the frames. Can anyone help ?

V

Offline Arkana

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 5
  • Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 05:24:16 PM »
They are Stellar Unit Frames.  From the WoW interface, hit the 'escape' key to bring up 'options' choices.  Pick 'interface' then 'addons' in the left panel.  There you will see 'StellarUF', select this in the left panel then in the right panel select the 'options' button.  There are many choices for configuring Stellar UF.
Arkana 80 Priest - Enchant/Tailor
Yupik 80 Shaman - Miner/Herbs
Zerstort 80 Mage - Inscription/Alchemy
Rattler 70 Warrior - (retired)
[Ed]

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »
If I remember right, you an also access it using the slash command "/stuf"
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Hazina

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 3
  • I love my Picha Pie... and Vel's karaoke singing.
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 10:40:32 AM »
Thanks guys ! *hugs*

PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Help  |  PIF Interface

gfxgfx
gfx gfx