gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57817 Posts in 5490 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk August 08, 2020, 10:11:37 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Chat  |  Wotlk new talents - WARNING SPOILERS
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Wotlk new talents - WARNING SPOILERS  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Arkana

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 5
  • Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!
Re: Wotlk new talents - WARNING SPOILERS
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 02:30:43 AM »
I clicked on your link Vel and got the following reply:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /yarr/ on this server.

"Yarr matie" and all that jazz.
Arkana 80 Priest - Enchant/Tailor
Yupik 80 Shaman - Miner/Herbs
Zerstort 80 Mage - Inscription/Alchemy
Rattler 70 Warrior - (retired)
[Ed]

Offline Vel_Taras

• PIF Templar
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 03:20:16 AM »
looks like all the links were taken down or the website is down.

Offline gxavier

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
  • Evil Spock
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 08:54:39 PM »
I like how the elemental tree grants some new fire spells and a VERY sweet fire elemental (conversion). One of the problems with elemental shammies is the fact that we do nothing but nature damage. Our shocks are our only source of other damage whatsoever, and that really really really is not helpful during nature immune boss fights like Hydross, where my dps drops completely to 0 during the nature phases.

That fire spell and elemental conversion (converts all our nature spells to fire for the duration), should come in very handy for those encounters!

Offline Vel_Taras

• PIF Templar
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 10:47:40 PM »
FYI, if you are referring to the link that mushen posted, I do not think that conversion talent is real.  Before my link went down I recall seeing another talent there.  I will see what I can find.

War tools has stated the following as well: "On request of Blizzard, all trees based on Alpha information have been (or will soon be) removed."

Offline gxavier

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
  • Evil Spock
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 09:41:35 AM »
Ah that's disappointing. I wonder if the other fire spell is legit. Elemental shammies really need some other source of damage for the occasional nature immune mob.

Offline Mushen

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Mushen, Australian for SMASH!
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 08:01:41 AM »
Upon further research the link that I was referred to and posted is not solid. The following information however to the best of my knowledge is:

http://wotlk.wikidot.com/start

God: Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket.
Bender: Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money.
God: Yes, if he makes it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 12:28:35 PM »
Very nice, thanks Mushen.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Vel_Taras

• PIF Templar
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 02:19:23 PM »
Aye, you can once again view the talents by going to the downloadable talent tree at the site that mushen posted.

Offline gxavier

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
  • Evil Spock
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 08:03:24 AM »
Oh my! Shammies get CC!!!!

Hex - Transforms the enemy into a random critter, reducing the target's movement speed by 75%. While moving, the hexed target cannot attack or cast spells. Only one target can be hexed at a time. Only works on Humanoids and Beasts.

and wewt for fire! you're going down, hydross!

Lava Burst - You hurl molten lava at the target, dealing 888 to 1132 Fire damage. If Flame Shock is on the target, Lava Burst will consume the Flame Shock, causing Lava Burst to critically hit.

Offline Mushen

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Mushen, Australian for SMASH!
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 07:16:47 AM »
And once again they're back!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

God: Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket.
Bender: Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money.
God: Yes, if he makes it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Offline Vel_Taras

• PIF Templar
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 04:05:21 AM »
Here is a direct link to all the new talents for ALL classes.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 06:08:24 AM »
Warlocks:
Improved Shadow Bolt (Destruction) - Now increases damage by your next Shadow damage spells by 3/6/9/12/15%, down from 4/8/12/16/20%.

???

Why would they nerf this? How was this ever overpowered in anyway?!? From what i hear... it'll only be for that warlock that got it up there, so its a slight nerf to shadow priests too. How lame.

Sadly, it seems that they're gimping warlocks again. Making us use spirit? Currently, none of my gear has any spirit, i'm sure they'll be putting it on our gear after the expansion... but why? We don't need to regen! We have lifetap for mana and drain life for health! Ugh!

Curse of Recklessness will no longer prevent Fear effects, only prevent NPCs from fleeing (e.g. at low health).
Gee... thanks for taking away our ability to control our fear while in an instance. (ie... yo-yo'ing our fear with cor/coe). Stupid change.

So far, from what i've seen... the warlock changes are horrible. My only hope is that by the time i reach 80, we'll have some new skills that will be worth using in a raid setting. Or i may have to go demonology and pvp or something.

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Chat  |  Wotlk new talents - WARNING SPOILERS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx