gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar to be PIF Silvergate's primary game!  Visit their website and donate to the cause to get early beta access!

gfx gfx
gfx
57733 Posts in 5481 Topics by 438 Members - Latest Member: Redbeard January 22, 2019, 04:37:26 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Membership Applications  |  Painkiller application
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Painkiller application  (Read 6064 times)

Offline Painkiller

• Visitor
  • Post Rank 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Painkiller application
« on: May 29, 2004, 03:59:35 PM »
Ok...here we go!

Your Name?
Sergio S.

Your Email Address?
aragon_50@yahoo.com

Your Character's name(s)?
Painkiller or Aragon or a variation of both...long story...

Where did you hear of Pay It Forward (PIF)?
WoW forums

Why are you choosing to apply to PIF?
I read the Charter...I was looking for an Alliance guild...a mature, serious and dedicated guild...and I think I found it.

Why do you feel you would be an asset to PIF?
Well...it's not easy for me to tell you I would be an assest. I can tell you that I'm flexible, loyal, respectfull and mature. Hopefully that would be an assest for the guild.

What do you expect to get from PIF?
Fun, good friends and a sense of community. I like to help people and to develop a network of friends...all in all...if I wanted to play by myself I would be playing Civilization III.

Have you belonged to another guild before?  How long?
I have belonged to many guilds. Altohugh I'm not a guild-hopper, if I feel that I don't fit well, I leave. In some case (like in SWG The Guardians and in DAoC The Wicked, DOW and House of Sagacious) I have stayed in the guild for many months or even years.

Have you held a leadership position in another guild?  What was it?
I have had temporary leadership positions in several guilds. I guess that the most important roll I had was a de-facto PvP coordinator in several guilds in DAoC (PvP is consensual there, btw)

How much time do you plan to spend playing each weekday?
About 2 hours in average, but that's variable. It can go from 10 min to 5 hours.

How much time do you plan to spend playing each weekend?
Normally a lot, but it also depends. I'm married and I have a demanding job (I'm an engineer) and sometimes I have to work all weekend. But as an average I play about 4 hours a day during the weekend.

Lastly, tell us about yourself and your gaming / RPG experience?
Mmmh...you are asking to talk about me...that's by far my favorite topic ! :)
I'm 33, married and I live in TX, US. I'm an engineer and I work for fairly large corporation. I love what I do but my hobby is computer games and I take them very seriously. I started playing computer games since the Sinclar ZX-81...Xenon, Out of this World, Lemmings, Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, Warcraft are some of the games that come up to my mind when I think about past glories. Jagged Alliance II (I'm still playing "Wildfire") and Diablo are my all-time favorites. Regarding MMO, I have beta-tested Shadowbane, SWG and Saga of Ryzom (which I didn't like) and played those and Anarchy Online, Horizons and Dark Age of Camelot. My favorite is DAoC although I canceled my account about a month ago. I played it for about almost 3 years but I grew up tired of the design flaws (specially downtime). Anyway, as a summary, I'm a mature player that enjoys consensual PvP and good, organized guilds and love to help people and guildies to have a good time. I don't grief players and I dont beg for stuff. My view of the game is that if a guildie goes down, we come back for him/her or at least we die trying, but you never, ever leave a guildie behind. I do curse/use profanity from time to time but I always try to keep it to a minimum because I realize that people get offended by that. Anyway, I don't promise I will be the perfect guildie, because that would be a lie, but I do promise I will treat everyone with respect and the guild will be first before any selfish interest I may have. I have demostrate that in the past and I'm willing to demostrate it to PIF if you guys decide I'm worthy enough to join your ranks.

Salve!

Painkiller  

Offline BigKahuna

• Honorary PIF Member
  • Post Rank 6
Re: Painkiller application
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 07:08:37 PM »
Nice application Painkiller.  Post up around the forums and let us get to know you.  There are several forum games in the chat section.  Don't be shy, be courteous, and no profanity in the forums, please.

And if you want, there is a free trial for AC2, the MMORPG we are currently playing while we are waiting for WoW.  Check it out if you can, post your character's name(s) and we'll look you up.

BK

Offline Jester

• PIF Veteran
  • Post Rank 4
  • Still lurking.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 08:13:37 PM »
Yeah, hi Painkiller nice application! It's great to see a new user on the forums. Care to tell us the long story of your name?

~Jester
Resident Australian

Offline Painkiller

• Visitor
  • Post Rank 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 06:05:27 AM »
Hey guys...thanks for the welcome.

I will check AC2 out, since is free and you guys are playing it, it's worth checking it out. It will prolly happen around mid next week.

Jester...regarding the story about the nickname, here it goes. My original nick for games was always Aragon. Since I was 15 or so (long....LONG time ago) I have always been a huge fun of Tolkien (I have read all his books...yes....even Silmarillion) and I was reading LOTR for 5th time or so when I wanted to check Diablo online. At the time ( we are talking...what...1997 when Daiblo first came out?), I had a crappy modem and was not sure if it will even connect, but I tried anyway and it did connect ok. So, there I was, with a screen asking me to create a character and put a name to it. I thought...well...I will put "Aragorn" since it was the first thing that popped up into my mind and it sounded cool. As you will find out if I join your ranks, I can't spell...so I typed "Aragon" and I logged in and start chatting away. This was my first actual experience whit gaming online over the Internet and I got hoked. So, when I came back the next day, I didn't want to confuse my newly created friends and change my name so I stuck with Aragon...and then afterwards I realized that it was kinda cool to have a sligthly different name and it gave topic to conversation as well. I even created my email account in yahoo that I have used all this years based on that....aragon for Aragon and 50 for the maximum number of levels you could atain in Diablo.

Painkiller is a little different. I have friends teasing me that I was always a pain in the neck and that I give them headache and I always used to tell them to go away and take a painkiller. So, they started to call me Painkiller (and after that PK) and when I decided to create a bard in DAoC, the prefect name was Painkiller, since he can heal and resurrect. Just before I left DAoC, I was saying goodbye to my GM in The Wicked, guild that I have been for many months and he advised me to use PK instead of Aragon as my main nickname since it was less common. I thought I was a good idea, so I'm sticking with it. So, Zevon, whereever you are my good ranger, I'm following your advice.

That's, in a few sentences, the story of my nicknames. Hope I didn't bore you guys to death :P

Offline Davatar

• Honorary PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • The essence of life is voluntary surrender to God.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 06:27:55 AM »
Welcome! Thanks for applying, though we aren't actively "enrolling" anyone at the moment. That doesn't mean you don't have a chance, mind you. Infact if you hop into AC2 I'm sure the (fairly few) active members we currently have would be more than happy to sponsor you. You sound like a very mature, level-headed and fun guy. I dare say you match the guild near-perfect at first glance. If you take the time to read up some old posts (and applications of current members) you might come to that conclusion yourself.

Thanks for giving us the low-down on yourself, and your nickname. Hope to see you around. =)

~Davatar

(Oh, and don't mind the inactivity, weekends are always slow, and generally things have died down a bit lately. Everyone's anticipation for WoW has somewhat turned from being released on the forums, to other activities. Heh heh, nonetheless you should see some more denizens soon. *chuckle*)
Courage is not the absence of fear, it is fear subdued by the presence of faith in God.

Offline BigKahuna

• Honorary PIF Member
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 07:33:36 AM »
Can you tell us more about how you found us?  Your application says WoW Forums, but I don't believe we have an active thread there anymore.

Just curious...

Offline Mutius

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 10:00:59 AM »
Heya PK!  Welcome to the forums~

When we once again continue recruitment, you seem like a perfect candidate.  If you do happen to get into AC2, I'd be more than happy to chat it up with ya. :)  Take care~
Shades of mediocrity...

Wahya

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2004, 10:06:25 AM »
Welcome Painkiller.

Will be looking forward to chatting with you more.

I am a native Texan myself, being hatched in Fort Worth.  What part of Tejas do you abide?

Offline tinman

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2004, 09:47:16 PM »
Hey, welcome to PIF!

I can't claim to be a native Texan... I only lived there 18 months, in San Marcos, and no I didn't go to the party school (SWTS) there.  :)

Lemmings... I had forgotten about that game. It was rather addictive for several of my friends and coworkers.

-tin
Afterburn, Orc Warlock
Lilscratch, Worgen Rogue

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2004, 10:08:52 AM »
Back from vacation to find a new application on our forums!  Welcome, Painkiller, it's glad to see you here.  I'll echo BigKahuna's question, though - We haven't had a recruitment thread over on the Blizzard WoW Guild Forums in a few months, so I'm at a loss to understand how you found us there.  (Unless, maybe, a post I might have put into the Revolution Angels thread?)

In any case, great to have you.  Your application looks good, and I'd be happy to see you poke your head around the forums and get to know our members.  While we wait for World of Warcraft, as you have surely noticed, we're playing Asheron's Call 2.  (As you may have noticed on the Charter page, that was the game we last game we played as a guild)  The 15 day free trial makes it easy to hop in-game and say hello...  Unfortunately, the Asheron's Call 2 forums on our board are marked as members only, so you can't see our thread where each of us announces the time we play and what our character names are.

I'll collect that info and post it here into your applicaton thread in a bit.  (Just got back from vacation, got some unpacking and the like to do)

Once again, welcome!
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Jester

• PIF Veteran
  • Post Rank 4
  • Still lurking.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2004, 06:16:10 PM »
yes....even Silmarillion

Yep, I'm a fan of Tolkien too, but I think that book nearly killed me.
Resident Australian

Offline tinman

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 01:19:35 AM »
I enjoyed the Silmarillion, but I'm a bit of a fan of historical minutia, so that book statisfied both my fantasy and history cravings.  :)
Afterburn, Orc Warlock
Lilscratch, Worgen Rogue

Offline Painkiller

• Visitor
  • Post Rank 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 01:33:03 PM »
Hail all!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will try to address some of your questions and comments as well as try to give you more info about myself and my pitty opinions :)

I'm not a real Texan...I moved here about 1.5 years ago because I got a nice job in Orange. So, it's almost in Louisiana. It feels like LA anyway....with 100+ degrees and almost 100% humidity.

I was not very precise when I said that I heard about you guys in the WOW forums. There is a post there (that's pinned if I remember correctly) that gives a listing of all the current WOW guilds. I start from the top and I check them, looking for a mature alliance guild. After a while (I would say 2 hours) I came to your website and I read your charter and I inmediatly felt it was the right guild for me. See...I don't want an "uber" guild nor want a loosy guild that anyone is welcome no matter what. I set certain standards and I expect the same from the people I met in rl or online and I have the feeling you guys are the right match.

Anyway, I didn't realize you were not actively recruiting atm, but that's fine. I'm a patience person and once, and if you, start recruitung again I would feel honored to have my name include in your list of potential candidates for your ranks.

Your most humble servant,

PK

Offline Mutius

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 02:39:15 PM »
Hehe, by the way he ended that it almost sounds like he belongs in the RP forums! ;)
Shades of mediocrity...

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 02:48:36 PM »
*grins*

Well, we're not actively recruiting, as in, we're not running about trying to gather up new members.  That's not to say you can't get sponsored into the guild.   ;)  Just hang around and participate for a while, get to know the members,  play with us in AC2.  If you're a good fit, I'll sponsor you myself.   ;D
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF Membership Applications  |  Painkiller application

gfxgfx
gfx gfx