gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar to be PIF Silvergate's primary game!  Visit their website and donate to the cause to get early beta access!

gfx gfx
gfx
57740 Posts in 5484 Topics by 439 Members - Latest Member: DudleyKin July 23, 2019, 06:40:54 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Help  |  healer characters
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: healer characters  (Read 1735 times)

Offline sharamagiek

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
healer characters
« on: June 03, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »
Okay guys (and gals) as you know I have been playing for a couple of weeks now.  I am getting a little frustrated with my priest ( have gotten her to level 14) but she isn't leveling very fast and I can't play her alone ( she dies, repeatedly). What can I do with her to make it alilttle easier to go it alone.  Or is it better to pick up my mage or warlock to do my fighting, I still want to keep with the healers.  Any input would really be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
Re: healer characters
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:00:50 PM »
I got irritated leveling my priest up solo....  *chuckle*  I find the easiest character to play solo is a hunter.  (It's also my favorite class)  Whenever I play a healer class, though, I usually group up with others so that they do most of the fighting while I heal them.
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Arkana

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 5
  • Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:36:43 AM »
priests are hard to level.  they are pretty squishy and don't do great damage.

Kailef has sound advice regarding grouping. 

There are a lot of quests to get you through the lower levels (until 30 or so) and you can focus on doing ones that are green or yellow to you.  They will be relatively easy to complete and offer good xp.

Get someone in guild to take you to most of the capital cities and the flight points so that you can readily move between the zones you need.  At 14 you can quest in both Westfall (whatever the zone next to Stormwind is called) and Darkshore (zone next to Darnassus). 

Ed
Arkana 80 Priest - Enchant/Tailor
Yupik 80 Shaman - Miner/Herbs
Zerstort 80 Mage - Inscription/Alchemy
Rattler 70 Warrior - (retired)
[Ed]

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 06:22:48 AM »
I agree with ed, level your priest by grouping until you can go shadow. then you can solo until level 70 and then respec to healing. Here is something good to read about starting a priest and leveling it.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Starting_a_Priest

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline sharamagiek

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 06:45:12 AM »
Thanks A1 that site really helped me to understand my priest better, I had forgotten that I had talent points (Mike had told me awhile ago, but brain has been on overload) I think that if I put my talents into the shadow, it will give me more strength to solo. But I'm just going to have to not expect so much out of her.  I did level up my hunter this morning to level 10, so she will be my solo toon for now.

Thanks Ed, I think now I have most of the flight points for her, at least I hope.

Offline Talmor

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 07:44:53 AM »
Just to mirror what everyone else said , because I don't want to be left out...

Just put your talent points in shadow and build up a dps set of gear. It might be a little painful until you get shadowform, but then you can start melting faces. There is no reason to go very far into the holy tree until you hit 70 unless it is something you want. If leveling is your goal, shadow is the method to get there. A shadow spec priest with a few alterations to the talent build can heal most lvl 70 dungeons anyways. You won't need to respect until you get into heroics, raiding, or some of the more painful regular lvl 70 dungeons.

That being said, I play a priest and try other classes and just can't get into them. I think playing a priest or healer is a lot of fun once you put in the work.(obviously I am biased towards priest healers though) Crashing a raid party or boss fight as a healer is so much easier than a dpser...adds a certain joy to it I think.

T

Offline envidia

• Honorary PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
  • i did it for the lulz
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 07:29:13 AM »
Also, many of us have characters who are low level we can play with you. And some of us have way too many...

If you really want a healer but don't want to level a priest, druids and shamans can also do some pretty good damage early on and still heal themselves and others.

I would not recommend leveling a paladin--they're just as painful as priests!
envidia - level 80 SHOCKADIN
trantute - level 71 sheepbreaker
trickyfish - level 67 fish/bird/cat/exotic dancer
farfarello - level 43 bankalt with arrows

Offline sharamagiek

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
After talking to you all, I have decided to continue with my priest but am putting all my talents into shadow.  My daughter has a rogue that we have leveled to 16 so I can group with her and neither of us are getting alot of XP but I am gaining some knowledge of how to play her better.  I am just learning a valuable lesson in patience (that being a parent never taught).  Thanks to all of you for your knowledgeable input.  On a side note my hunter is leveling really quick, got her to level 10 in just a few days, wow. Thanks again.
 ;D

Offline caboose1988

• Post Rank 1
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »
priest are very hard to lvl esp. as holy so if you still want your priest go shadow like everyone else has said. or if you want to lvl as a healer and be able to lvl easier id suggest going with a druid only because you have many attacking abilitys and bear form makes your armour increase so you can pull multiple mobs easily kinda like a prot pally can... just not as much as them

Offline Darren

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 1
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »
my priest i am leveling shadow because even tho i just do dungeons it is crazy fun and also i know that if i didn't want to just heal bgs i had to do shadow
psychic scream is a good tool to use, always use power word:shield, and use mind blast, mind flay, and your dots on the target while staying bubbled

Offline Killraven

• PIF Veteran
  • Post Rank 5
  • String a bow and seek out the thrill of the hunt!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 03:31:55 PM »
First, but sure you stock up on stat food, stat potions and scrolls to max out your buffage.  Also have a stack or two of healing potions on you.

What I typically do for mob fights with my priest (shadow) is:

Position myself near max spell range for Mind Blast
Pop Power Word Shield on myself
Cast my Mind Blast to get their attention
Step back a bit during the Global Cooldown (about 1s - not enough to delay your next cast tho)
Pop Shadow Word Pain on the mob
Step back a bit during the Global Cooldown (again, dont delay your next cast tho)
Then use Mind Flay - it will slow them and delay when you take your first hit
Use other appropriate dps casts till dead

Once you get into a rythm with it fights go fast enough, you minimize damage and can attack the next mob fairly quickly.

Offline Perrin

• PIF Agent
  • Post Rank 5
  • /fades back into the shadows...
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 07:10:35 AM »
This patience thing you're talking about?  You say you're getting some?  Rumor has it I don't have any and can't find the line to stand in to get it.  Something about not having th patience to stand in the line?  It's a vicious circle I tell you!

Perrin the non Priest player

Perrin the Doody Man

PIF Silvergate  |  WoW Boards  |  WoW Help  |  healer characters

gfxgfx
gfx gfx