gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57804 Posts in 5489 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk January 26, 2020, 04:40:42 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Archives  |  CoX In Character Roleplay  |  Positron and Valkyrie
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Positron and Valkyrie  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Jerry B.

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 4
  • Lost in space and time...
Positron and Valkyrie
« on: September 22, 2007, 07:46:57 PM »
From the journal of Netherwrath:

Positron...

Fabled hero of Paragon City.  Member of the Freedom Phalanx.  Wielder of massive radiation abilities.  Savior of the masses.  Hero to millions.

Or, as we know him better...a pansy.

We were tasked with subduing the overrated hero Positron.  Sources told us that he could be found raiding an Arachnos base.  Of course, the morons inside the base thought we were with Positron, so we were forced to give them the beat down of their lives.  After wading through some of the most ignorant minions ever recruited by Arachnos, we found Positron in combat with some slightly better educated minions.  They had done their jobs, delaying our prey long enough for us to arrive.  The fight did not last long.  Silent Mist and I attacked quickly while Frozen Myst and Reactor Breach mopped up the remaining minions (who, even after we engaged Positron thought we were on his side...I just do not know why we still pay them.  *sigh*)  Reactor Breach and Frozen Myst turned their attention to Positron and in mere seconds, the combined might of the four of us rendered Positron into unconsciousness.

So, with our quarry captured, we returned for our next task.  The fool set positron free in a "death trap."  The reason these Archvillains always fail is because deep down, they are dumb.  With one of the heroes of the Freedom Phalanx at his mercy, he releases him into a death trap.  And of course, who did he task with cleaning up his mess?  Of course, you betcha, that's right; us.

So, we entered the so-called death trap.  Immediately, we were set upon by Rikti...who were supposed to be helping us.  *sigh*  Once again, our allies turn on us.  What jerks.  So, we obligingly pounded them into pudding.  Once we remove the Rikti remains from our hands and clothes as best we could, who did we see?  You got it.  Positron.  All healed up, and, with a group of Longboneheads.  Again, Reactor Breach and Frozen Myst took care of the minions from range, wiping them out with ease.  Silent Mist and I started in on Positron.  Breach and Myst quickly joined us and once again, "the hero of Steel Canyon" was lying at our feet. 
And here is where the failure in the death trap was found.  The emergency medical transporter activated and rescued Positron's prone form.

But, this time Positron was not our target.  This time, we were after...

Valkyrie...

When finally we found the tall, blond, super witch, she was surrounded by more Longboneheads.  Truth be told, she was a tough customer.  We mostly ignored her minions...and they ignored us.  I swear, evil will win, because good is DUMB!  So we Valkyrie drew her sword and charged us.  IT was a long fight, taxing us more than we had expected.  As ever, we prevailed, and she fell before us.  We turned to fight her minions when...she stood back up!  She was re-energized.  Dodging or deflecting nearly every attack we tried to land; the minutes seemed to stretch into hours.  Finally, she began to tire and no longer could she avoid our attacks as well.  With a rather satisfying thud, she fell to the ground before us.  We were triumphant once again...and then she teleported to the hospital.  *grumbles*  Someone should really try and prevent that from happening.  It would be much easier to kill the heroes if they did not have a get out of jail free card.

And so, two more of Paragon's Finest fell before us.  Maybe they will spread the word not to mess with us.

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
  • Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
Re: Positron and Valkyrie
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 08:16:26 AM »
*cackles madly* Wow, that was awesome!

Shanni's Minion and personal GPS

Offline Eavie

• PIF Templar
  • Post Rank 5
  • CoV: Stylus... WoW: Eavie / Reuel
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 09:49:34 AM »
*applause*

*more applause*
"I stayed home to welcome the trick or treaters with candy, but found myself too lazy to not only buy candy, but replace two burned out bulbs on my front porch." -Shanni

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 04:37:46 AM »
Woot!

But i like Bunnies too! With BBQ sauce! Muahahahaha!

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline Jarx

• PIF Member
  • Post Rank 2
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 07:38:43 AM »
That was a very vivid re-enactment. It brings fond memories flooding back! But, you need to tell the tale of the rematch! That was one for the history books!

Lyth - Reactor Breach
Kids say the darnedest things. Usually in public where you can get the most embarassed!

Lyth/Jarx/Ruu

Offline Jerry B.

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 4
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »
From the journal of Netherwrath:

The rematch..

Well, this time Positron was not so easy.  We still kicked his shiny metal...well...he dresses in a containment suit, so you do the math.  Silent Mist was able to convince Positron to leave his companions behind and he ran right into our trap.  Remember, this dude is a nuclear meltdown in a suit...it can hurt.  Well, we kicked his butt and moved on.

With Pansytron as bait, we lured Valkyrie into the death trap.  Locking it behind us, we charged right in.  Once more, Pansy tried to protect his sidekick.  Once more, his efforts were for naught.  Another smack down happily delivered, we watched as Positron's near lifeless body teleported to the hospital.

Now, the hunt was on.  We tracked Valkyrie through the maze.  When we found her, she was talking to a group of Longbow.  Again, with a skill no brute should have, Silent Mist was able to con Valkyrie into attacking us solo.  Her minions just stood around looking stupid.  They did not need to act...it was easy for them.

So Valkyrie charged us.  Silent Mist had her full concentration, and Valkyrie started attacking her.  I stealthed up behind the Scandanavian swordswoman and started punching her head in.  Suddenly, Silent Mist stopped moving.  I heard a disembodied voice shout, "I can't move!  Nothing works!  I can't attack!"

The fight continued.  Silent Mist just stood there letting Valkyrie slice and dice.  Reactor Breach blasted away, raining fire down upon her and I kept pounding, but nothing we did could dislodge Valkyrie's attention.  This went on for a while until finally, we took the blond bigshot down.  As with our previous encounter, she popped right back up and started back in the attack.  Now, here is the odd part.  She kept attacking Silent Mist, who was still motionless.  Breach and I kept beating on her, and she still fought the unresisting Silent Mist.  Now what kind of Hero is that?  She was beating on someone who would not fight back.  The meanie!

And then it happened.  Silent Mist vanished.  She simply disappeared!  Of course, with Silent Mist gone, that left just Reactor Breach and me as her new targets.

(Out of Character note: Silent Mist locked up in game, but not on voice, so we heard Silver shouting that he could not attack.  He heard us talking about what was happening.  With only 1 hit from the actual pull, Silent Mist kept aggro for the entire fight, through a res on Valkyrie's part, and right up until the final disconnect.  When the game finally disconnected, Silent Mist vanished.  Lyth's character, Reactor Breach was lackeyed up to Silent Mist, so at that time Lyth dropped 3 levels.  Against a boss like Valkyrie, this is a HUGE difference.  It took me a minute to re-lackey him, but as soon as I could, I did.)

Valkyrie's defenses were once again, nearly flawless, and now the fight was in earnest.  I kept pounding away and Reactor Breach was tossing fireball after fireball.  Most of our attacks were either missing or being deflected; truly depressing.    For a time Valkyrie was focused on me, but Reactor Breach stole her attention, and started flying around with Valkyrie chasing.  We kept this up for as long as we could, but this so-called hero was using lethal force.  In short order, she stuck a sword through both Reactor Breach and I dropping us to the ground, barely conscious. 

With us defeated, Valkyrie simply turned and started to walk away.  At that very minute, Silent Mist appeared and was able to land a knock-out blow.  So, basically, we did all the work and Silent Mist shows up to score the kill.  I still think Reactor Breach and I are painting a Valkyrie logo on the side of our planes.

It was truly an epic battle.

Positron: 0                 PIF: 4
Valkyrie: 0                 PIF: 3 (fought her once in a Bank mission too!)

Who's next?

Offline Shanni

• Assistant Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 6
  • Fear me! I will eat your carrots! Rawr!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 12:09:01 PM »
Woooot! Way to kick some bunnie-luvin butt!

Flamethrowers are proof that somewhere, sometime, someone thought to themselves "You see those people over there? I sure would like to set them on fire, I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 02:19:39 PM »
It was incredibly tense, lol. Awesome fights though, can't wait to face them again!

Offline AncientOne

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 7
  • WoW Division Lead
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 04:44:13 AM »
Please let me know when so I can join in on the fun. I weant to rub my lucky rabbits foot in her nose.

I am lost. I have gone to look for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Offline Jerry B.

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 4
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 04:55:51 AM »
Positron and Valkyrie are a weekend thing.  It is a quest from a contact in Grandville, so we are talking level 40-41 missions.  Silver and I both got ours, so we will have to wait until Lyth or Myst get there in 3-4 levels.  So...a couple weeks before we try it again.

Offline Jerry B.

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 4
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 04:39:01 AM »
Some people are CRAZY!

Offline Silverbranch

• PIF Officer
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 06:45:20 PM »
LOL

PIF Silvergate  |  Archives  |  CoX In Character Roleplay  |  Positron and Valkyrie

gfxgfx
gfx gfx