gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57817 Posts in 5490 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk September 28, 2020, 11:43:42 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Archives  |  CoX In Character Roleplay  |  A first mission
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A first mission  (Read 511 times)

Offline Jerry B.

• Inactive PIF Member
  • Post Rank 4
  • Lost in space and time...
A first mission
« on: May 24, 2007, 07:01:07 AM »
She said it was a hard mission, and that is why she called me.  This was not a job for any run of the mill villain, and it was my talents that she needed.  She recognized my skills.

Well, if this Kalinda person thought I could handle it, who was I to disagree?  I knew I had the skill, I just wondered how she knew.  I had not really made much of a name for myself yet; that's what I was trying to do now.  Getting on the good side with Arachnos could only help to enhance my rep.

It was to be a dockside meeting, so my best bet was to steal a boat to get there.  Easy enough.  I snuck onto a smaller motorboat down at the marina.  There were plenty to choose from, and they were easy to hotwire.

I followed Kalinda's directions, and found the dockside meeting.  It was easy to know I was in the right spot.  There were plenty of Longbow scum standing guard.  What idiots.  They did not even react to the sound of the boat.  Morons.

I quickly slipped into the shadows without being seen.  I was to break up this meeting, but the boss lady never said anything about not having a little fun while I was here.

I crept up behind the first Longbow guard.  I silently focused the shadow powers I inherited from my dad, and put the full strength of the energy into my fist.  As I punched, I unleashed all the power.  The guard dropped like a stone.  His demise went unnoticed by his friends.  They don't know anything; you always need to keep in sight of the other guards.  Well, that would come in handy.

Systematically, I made my way through all of the guards.  I'll let this "Rogue Operative" get comfortable...then, I will kick his butt.

With all of the the guards permanatly disabled, I could now concentrate on the traitor.  I snuck around searching for him.  Operative Burch.  Traitor to Arachnos and there he is meeting with a Longbow Agent.  I guess Agent Bruckner will have to die too.  Ever the epitomy of stealth, I walked right up to them and listened in for a while.  I bet Kalinda would pay more for whatever they had to say.

Again, I channeled the shadows, took a silent breath, and attacked.  They were much stronger than the guards had been, and for a minute, I thought maybe I had bitten off more than I could chew, but then I thought better.  When Burch lay at my feet, Bruckner sought revenge for his...friend?  Not that it mattered.  His death was just as sweet.

It had definitely been a test of my abilities, but it was a test that helped me get stronger.  A necessary step, and one that I actually enjoyed for a change.

I headed back down to the boat and returned to Kalinda.  She seemed surpised to see me back so soon.  I guess she was playing on my ego before.  Well, I was happy to prover her wrong.  Pay up, lady.

And then she offered me another job.

I shrugged.  Why not?  I could use the cash, and this sure doesn't hurt my rep.

My name is Netherwrath, and if someone pays me, I will be happy to kick your...well...you get the message.

PIF Silvergate  |  Archives  |  CoX In Character Roleplay  |  A first mission

gfxgfx
gfx gfx