gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

World of Warcraft Classic has launched, and PIF Silvergate members are encouraged to join us on the Atiesh server for a blast from the past where we relive old adventures and meet new friends!

gfx gfx
gfx
57834 Posts in 5491 Topics by 451 Members - Latest Member: crabmilk January 18, 2022, 03:19:05 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
PIF Silvergate  |  Public Boards  |  PIF News  |  Former PIF Members
gfx
gfxgfx

* PIF Voice Chat

* Your Stats

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Former PIF Members  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
  • Guildmaster of PIF Silvergate
    • Kailef's Personal Homepage
Former PIF Members
« on: January 30, 2004, 03:38:16 PM »
Does anyone here have any contact with former PIF members from AC2 that we've lost contact with who might be intersted in joining up with us again?

I've had a look around, and while there's not a LOT of World of Warcraft guilds in the chute, there's still a decent number.  But most of them are actively recruiting!  Now, as I'm sure you all agree, I'd rather have a smaller, efficient group than a large, hard to manage group full of idiots and people that give the good members a bad name.  But at the same time, there's what.... ten of us who've signed up on this new message board, and we've been up for over a week I think.

Personally, I'd like to start with a solid team of say 20 or 30 persons who I knew were great people.  I really, really want to find Barking Spider and Garlic Jr again, for example.  Don't know how to reach them... I sent them email but sadly haven't gotten a response so I'm not sure that the contact info I have for them is accurate.

In any case, feel free to contact people who you all feel would be good additions to our team and send them on down to the board.

-Kailef
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline ShiftyEyes

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • Shifty the waffler
Re: Former PIF Members
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 11:06:14 AM »
I can contact Barking Spider and Mrchee.  Either way we will grow when the guild sets up in WoW.  Id like to keep our more mature guild attitude.  
If all else fails, run and squeal.

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 11:30:57 AM »
Alright, then.  I'd be fine with having MrChee back in, as well (of course) as Spidey.

I agree with the idea of maintaining as mature a membership base as possible.  (This having nothing to do with age, simply maturity)  I don't want some of that nonsense we were experiencing before with people with PIF tags going around PKing and generally being a nuisance.

See my post under Guild News about the new Guild Charter that I'm trying to put together... I'd like to start solidifying our guild's stance and get the ball rolling with what we do and don't find acceptable, and what our rules are.

-Kailef
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline ShiftyEyes

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • Shifty the waffler
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 01:06:45 PM »
Im not positive Mrchee will join us.  He said he doesnt need to get wrapped up in a MMO game during school.  At least he has his prioritys.  Anywho...he might join us when he gets a schooling break.

I have not talked to him recently..but this is how he stood on MMO's before.  Either way soon as I see him ill mention it to him and see whats going on (tell him to check out site anyways).

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 03:12:08 PM »
Well, have him come by the boards anyhow, as you say.  He ought to not have too much trouble, because Blizzard has repeatedly said that one can play only a half hour a day and still have fun and get things done.   :)   Blizzard is magic, they live at the end of the Yellow Brick Road except they're not a fraud like that one Wizard guy.  They're the real McCoy!

-Kailef
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline ShiftyEyes

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • Shifty the waffler
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 11:46:44 PM »
Sending him a message right now.  Im just going to mention the site and whatnot(would be nice to hear from the Chee).  His problem with MMO's was he didnt have the willpower to stop playing and it interfered.  So maybe its best for him not to play.  His schooling is important to him.

Offline Vel_Taras

• PIF Templar
  • Post Rank 6
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 04:51:13 PM »
Hehe, i had that problem too, so i had to stop :(.  At least no more school for me soon heheh.  Well maybe until i start on my Masters lol.

-Vel

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 12:34:18 AM »
Most of you guys joined up in AC2, I think Sentoran and Mushen are the only people left in PIF who were with me in AC1.  *pout*  I'm sending out emails to as many people as I can find on my old guild membership lists, but nearly every one of them is getting bounced back as undeliverable.  I'm feeling a little discouraged.  Quick, everyone, cheer me up!   :'(

-Kailef
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 04:09:41 AM »
Good news:

With MB's help, I've been able to recover a decent chuck of former PIF member email addresses.  I'm going to compose a bulk letter and send it out this weekend!

-Kailef
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Offline ShiftyEyes

• Former PIF Member
  • Post Rank 5
  • Shifty the waffler
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 05:34:21 AM »
Excellent, we are going to have excellent numbers before the game even starts.  

Offline Kailef

• PIF Guildmaster
  • Post Rank 8
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 06:23:22 AM »
Well, I'm not exactly super gung-ho about us beefing up to huge, towering numbers before the game starts, honestly.  As much as I like our new site and our new forums, there's only so much we can do to keep the interest of members until we're actually playing WoW, you know?  Of course, our new resident comic relief department is helping.   :)

That's not to say I don't want a large guild, but - A large guild without a game to play is a teetering tower waiting to fall in many ways, you know?

-Kailef
Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle